Can a few ounces of kerosene improve gas-mileage?

Old February 1st 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

Default Can a few ounces of kerosene improve gas-mileage?

Have any studies been done regarding how a few ounces of kerosene added
to 10 to 15 gallons of gasoline can bring noticable improvements to
fuel economy?

Included is a link to a product (a "combustion modifier of sorts") that
was developed with support of university and applied tests. Can
parallels with kerosene be comapred to the GTA Fuel-Enhancer, VISCON
brand products?

http://www.apdinc.com/additive.htm#F...line%20Engines

EXCERPT: A scientific phenomenon called viscoelasticity is used to
reduce fractional distillation of gasoline prior to burning. The result
is a more homogeneous air/fuel mixture in the cylinder at the molecular
level.

Thank-you

Old February 1st 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

wrote:
> Have any studies been done regarding how a few ounces of kerosene added
> to 10 to 15 gallons of gasoline can bring noticable improvements to
> fuel economy?
>
> Included is a link to a product (a "combustion modifier of sorts") that
> was developed with support of university and applied tests. Can
> parallels with kerosene be comapred to the GTA Fuel-Enhancer, VISCON
> brand products?
>
> http://www.apdinc.com/additive.htm#F...line%20Engines
>
> EXCERPT: A scientific phenomenon called viscoelasticity is used to
> reduce fractional distillation of gasoline prior to burning. The result
> is a more homogeneous air/fuel mixture in the cylinder at the molecular
> level.
>
> Thank-you

If you believe that fuel enhancers and other elixirs can improve an
already highly complex product like gasoline, then please feel free
send your money on. There are several companies more than willing to
help you.

To be honest I am instantly suspicious when a very small company comes
up with a fix that the large oil companies with rooms of highly
educated engineers and chemists have missed all these years. Anything
is possible I suppose, but I'm not convinced.

Oh, yes, your first question was about adding kerosene to gasoline.
Haven't heard of that one, but I doubt you will see much change in a
full tank. Added to a gallon it probably will make for some unusual
performance.

Old February 1st 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

> If you believe that fuel enhancers and other elixirs can improve an
> already highly complex product like gasoline, then please feel free
> send your money on. There are several companies more than willing to
> help you.
>
> To be honest I am instantly suspicious when a very small company comes
> up with a fix that the large oil companies with rooms of highly
> educated engineers and chemists have missed all these years. Anything
> is possible I suppose, but I'm not convinced.
>
> Oh, yes, your first question was about adding kerosene to gasoline.
> Haven't heard of that one, but I doubt you will see much change in a
> full tank. Added to a gallon it probably will make for some unusual
> performance.

the last claim on these groups a few weeks ago were for adding acetone (nail
polish remover) to gasoline to turn it into a high mileage wonder fuel

Old February 1st 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

No, it wont work. Don't do it. It may mess with your emissions system
and actually do harm.

Old February 1st 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

wrote:
> Have any studies been done regarding how a few ounces of kerosene added
> to 10 to 15 gallons of gasoline can bring noticable improvements to
> fuel economy?
>
> Included is a link to a product (a "combustion modifier of sorts") that
> was developed with support of university and applied tests. Can
> parallels with kerosene be comapred to the GTA Fuel-Enhancer, VISCON
> brand products?

http://www.apdinc.com/additive.htm#F...line%20Engines

> EXCERPT: A scientific phenomenon called viscoelasticity is used to
> reduce fractional distillation of gasoline prior to burning. The result
> is a more homogeneous air/fuel mixture in the cylinder at the molecular
> level.
>
> Thank-you

The fact that you are asking explains why they keep coming up with new
miracle products. There's always another doofus out there that is
willing to believe. It's the triumph of hope over reality as someone
once said about second marriages.

Old February 1st 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

Al Bundy wrote:
> wrote:
>
>>Have any studies been done regarding how a few ounces of kerosene added
>>to 10 to 15 gallons of gasoline can bring noticable improvements to
>>fuel economy?
>>
>>Included is a link to a product (a "combustion modifier of sorts") that
>>was developed with support of university and applied tests. Can
>>parallels with kerosene be comapred to the GTA Fuel-Enhancer, VISCON
>>brand products?

http://www.apdinc.com/additive.htm#F...line%20Engines

>>EXCERPT: A scientific phenomenon called viscoelasticity is used to
>>reduce fractional distillation of gasoline prior to burning. The result
>>is a more homogeneous air/fuel mixture in the cylinder at the molecular
>>level.
>>
>>Thank-you

> The fact that you are asking explains why they keep coming up with new
> miracle products. There's always another doofus out there that is
> willing to believe. It's the triumph of hope over reality as someone
> once said about second marriages.

You're wrong. It actually works, but only if you also attach a magnet
to the a fuel line.
Old February 1st 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Have any studies been done regarding how a few ounces of kerosene added
> to 10 to 15 gallons of gasoline can bring noticable improvements to
> fuel economy?

Nope... BS.

Old February 1st 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

"223rem" > wrote in message

> You're wrong. It actually works, but only if you also attach a magnet
> to the a fuel line.

And add a "Tornado" to the air intake.

Old February 1st 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

wrote:
> Have any studies been done regarding how a few ounces of kerosene added
> to 10 to 15 gallons of gasoline can bring noticable improvements to
> fuel economy?
>
> Included is a link to a product (a "combustion modifier of sorts") that
> was developed with support of university and applied tests. Can
> parallels with kerosene be comapred to the GTA Fuel-Enhancer, VISCON
> brand products?

http://www.apdinc.com/additive.htm#F...line%20Engines

> EXCERPT: A scientific phenomenon called viscoelasticity is used to
> reduce fractional distillation of gasoline prior to burning. The result
> is a more homogeneous air/fuel mixture in the cylinder at the molecular
> level.
>
> Thank-you

I haven't a clue, but have repeatedly heard that a small amount of
Diesel fuel will help prevent vapor lock. Never had to try it, but I've
heard it enough that there might be something to it.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old February 1st 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.transport.road

wrote in article
.com>...
> Have any studies been done regarding how a few ounces of kerosene added
> to 10 to 15 gallons of gasoline can bring noticable improvements to
> fuel economy?

IT'S A SCAM!!!!!!!

EVERYBODY knows that the best combination is the cow stomach magnet on the
fuel line, coupled with the "Tornado" and the air breather in the PCV
line..

> EXCERPT: A scientific phenomenon called viscoelasticity is used to
> reduce fractional distillation of gasoline prior to burning.

In the book, "The Racing & High Performance Tire" by Paul Haney - available
through the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) - Haney writes about the
differences in the way balls made of different rubber compounds
bounce......some higher than others.

He states, "Since the energy loss mechanism in rubber is mainly due to
viscous effects, these materials are said to be viscoelastic."

I REALLY don't believe that adding kerosene makes the fuel more - or less -
"bouncy."....Do you???

I guess anybody can toss around a few buzz words or terms such as
"viscoelastic", "fractional distillation", etc. and pull the wool over some
people's eyes......

Perhaps what the scam.... I mean, the entrepreneur purveying this
abomination really meant to say is, ".....the kerosene causes 'existential
frambulation' of the flutter component of gasoline molecules - thus
breaking up 'hydro-carbon clusters', and allowing the fuel to completely
perastize the gomperling elements "......

........or something to that effect........

It is all the same thing..........Bull Schidt !!!!!!!!

As ol' P.T said, "There's one born every minute....."