'95 Jetta III + OBD + clearing code2

Old April 3rd 05, 03:48 PM
XXninjatooXX

Default '95 Jetta III + OBD + clearing code2

The manual for the '95 Jetta has a step by step guide to using that
thing... You have to count the MIL blinkcodes and reference the DTC
table in the manual or whatever you may have. I have 2 Jettas and can
only get that procedure to work on one of them... Turn key on, Turn
key off, Turn back on, blah-blah... Man, I'd trade in my 25 cent
blink' O' Meter for a nice high-tech scantool anyday... But where's
the adventure in that?

ninjatoo
On 23 Oct 2003 20:34:51 -0700, (Gary Beck) wrote:

>I've got a Jetta III that the check engine light comes on after
>starting. After searching and reading a few threads, I found the
>"shorting" plug under the rear seat. I've tried reading the codes,
>but it appears I don't have the correct procedure.
>
>Could someone tell me the procedure how to read the codes and how to
>clear them? Also, how many codes will it store? I haven't taken it
>to a dealer since they broke one the clips holding the distributor cap
>(long story).
>
>TIA.

XXninjatooXX -
Man, every time I Farfegnugen it costs me a couple hundred bucks...
Can't help but love my VeeDubs:

1995 Jetta III GL 2.0L 5sp, White, modified suspension and chipped.
1995 Jetta III GLS 2.0L 5sp, Black, Rebuild with modified GTI front-end.
Old April 7th 05, 12:23 PM
One out of many daves

wow talk about a reply from years in the past (2003)! lol
There is also an inexpensive code reader for the OBDI vehicles too on Ebay.
Not as informative as the vag-com tools, but it is not expensive.
Definitely cheaper than going to the dealer one time to have the codes read.
Someone just bought one to use on his 94 Passat and he says it works!
this MIGHT be it although his came from the USA with the 2x2 adapter.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=43989

this is the one I think that he bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=43989

--
later,
dave

"XXninjatooXX" > wrote in message
> Do all Autozones do that? Should I call first to make sure. That would
> help alot on one of my Jettas.
>
> ninjatoo
> On 25 Oct 2003 01:35:10 GMT, NTISPAM (dave) wrote:
>
> >>From:
(Gary Beck)

> >>I've got a Jetta III that the check engine light comes on after
> >>starting. After searching and reading a few threads, I found the
> >>"shorting" plug under the rear seat. I've tried reading the codes,
> >>but it appears I don't have the correct procedure.
> >>
> >>Could someone tell me the procedure how to read the codes and how to
> >>clear them? Also, how many codes will it store? I haven't taken it
> >>to a dealer since they broke one the clips holding the distributor cap
> >>(long story).
> >>
> >>TIA.

> >Autozone may check it free for you.
> >

> >later,
> >dave
> >Reminder........
> >Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That

way,
> >when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have

their