Honda Accord Blown Headlights

Old July 21st 08, 11:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Honda Accord Blown Headlights

Has anyone had a problem with their honda accord headlights blowing
all the time. We have had this problem for the past 4 months or so. We
keep changing them, which isnt an easy job in itself but its costing a
fortune and now looks like we may have to see an autoelectrician.
Anyone heard of this or can offer some advice?

Regards

Wendyb1066
Old July 22nd 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

"Steve B." > wrote in message
> Make sure you aren't touching the new bulb before you put it in. The
> oils and salts on your skin can cause the bulb to fail pretty quickly.
> Also make sure you aren't using any of the gimmicky bulbs. Other than
> that the only thing I can think of would be high voltage but I would
> expect that to blowing bulbs all over the car if it were the case.
>
> Steve B.

I dont know exactly what kind of bulbs this beast uses.
I had, long ago, problems which were due to water being splashed into the
light sockets. It was solved by packing the sockets with dielectric grease.

If he/she has unusual lighting system (high intensity) then other things
could
come into play.