Don't buy gas except in the text

Old June 3rd 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Openminded

Default Don't buy gas except in the text

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON--

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into
the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't
import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up
the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me,
my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies
are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle
Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell.......................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil..............130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway..117,740,000 barrels
Amoco..........................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo Gas comes from South America ( Venezuela ), from a Dictator who
hates Americans.

Do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!
(Oil is now $125-$130 a barrel)

Here are some large companies that
DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco................ 0 barrels
Conoco................ 0 barrels
Sinclair................ 0 barrels
BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels
Hess.................... 0 barrels
ARC0................... 0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and
each is required to state where they get their oil and how much
they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas
buyers. It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain
how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and

those 300 send it to a t least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and

so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of
people,

we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers !!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends
each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED
MILLION PEOPLE!!!
A gain, all you have to do is send this to

10 people. How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day,
all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next
eight days!

Old June 4th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
*

Openminded > wrote in article

> I'm sending this note to about thirty people.
>
> If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and
>
> those 300 send it to a t least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and
>
> so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of
> people,
>
> we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers !!!!!!!
>
> If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends
> each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!
>
> If it goes one level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED
> MILLION PEOPLE!!!
> A gain, all you have to do is send this to
>
> 10 people. How long would all that take?
>
> If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day,
> all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next
> eight days!

So. you're saying that all this amounts to is another waste-of-time, SPAM
chain-letter.......

When do I get my million dollars????

And, what happens if I break the chain? Do I end up driving a Yugo?

Old June 4th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
Earl Kiosterud

"Openminded" > wrote in message

> An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.
>
> These companies import Middle Eastern oil:
>
> Shell.......................... 205,742,000 barrels
> Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels
> Exxon /Mobil..............130,082,000 barrels
> Marathon/Speedway..117,740,000 barrels
> Amoco..........................62,231,000 barrels
>
> Citgo Gas comes from South America ( Venezuela ), from a Dictator who
> hates Americans.
>
> Do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!
> (Oil is now $125-$130 a barrel)
>
> Here are some large companies that
> DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:
>
> Sunoco................ 0 barrels
> Conoco................ 0 barrels
> Sinclair................ 0 barrels
> BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels
> Hess.................... 0 barrels
> ARC0................... 0 barrels

The problem is that as soon as their market drops, they lower prices a little, and the
customers flock back. Even if they didn't, it would leave their non-Middle-East importers
with less competition, hence less downward pressure on prices.

There have been various internet attempts to create a market-side pressure on gas prices,
such as "Don't buy gas on Tuesdays." The gas station owners would LOVE that. We buy as
much gas (it doesn't really reduce overall demand), but they get a day off a week.
--
Earl