Kind of disappointed in GTR2

Old December 10th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry L

Default Kind of disappointed in GTR2

"Larry L" > wrote

> first, at the end of a race, I used to get a message at the top of the
> screen saying race over and the crew chief chatting
> ....now it instantly flashes to a replay of me crossing S/F ...hate that,
> how can I change it?

I figured out this part .... I created a new driver after installing the Mod
in case I needed to change controller settings and to store new set-ups and
make them easier to find .... I didn't edit the new .plr file completely

But,

I'd still like a source of starter set-ups and a shifting that doesn't
"blip" so noticably ... is this in the .plr too? I didn't see it but it
is, I believe, in rFactor

Old December 10th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Adams[_2_]

Ed Medlin wrote:

> Actually, they are not that difficult to drive. Today's endurance cars are
> not like the GTL cars. Modern tires, suspensions, aero downforce and brakes
> make them relatively easy to handle within their envelope. Have you driven
> long enough for the tire wear to set in? Then they become quite a bit
> tougher to handle. I even believe that the GTL cars drive much easier than
> the sim IRL. I drove a bit back then and was lucky enough back in the '60s
> to take an AC Cobra around Road America for a couple of laps and it was
> nowhere close to being as tough to drive as the model in GTL even on cold
> tires. It tended to understeer a lot on turn entry (instead of being
> insanely loose under braking) and was a bit loose under acceleration, but
> very driveable. I have driven a lot of fast cars over the years and very few
> are as tough to drive as some of sims make them out to be.
>
> Ed

Thanks, that's what I figured. I think the same can be said for flight
sims too.

I'm Sadly Disappointed gpsman Driving 0 September 2nd 06 06:24 AM
I'm Sadly Disappointed morticide Driving 2 August 31st 06 02:43 PM
I'm Sadly Disappointed Jim Yanik Driving 0 August 31st 06 01:02 AM
I'm Sadly Disappointed Nate Nagel Driving 1 August 30th 06 03:24 PM
I'm Sadly Disappointed necromancer[_1_] Driving 1 August 30th 06 03:23 PM