69 mustang fastback

Old November 19th 04, 10:51 PM
chris serbus

I will get some photos as soon as possible, the only question I have now is
how hard is it to swap the motor with a 429 thunder jet motor?

"Rich" > wrote in message
> Post some pics of the Mustang when you get a chance, this site is easy to
> use http://photobucket.com/ Rico
>

> "chris serbus" > wrote in message
> > the car itself has no rust its originally from arizona the title says

its
> > 69 mustang fastback motor is a 289, the only bad part on the body is the
> > rear fender, looks like somebody hit it lightly no internal body damage,

> the
> > floor needs to be redone due to water damage, all original parts are in

> > huge box, the only bad part was a cracked taillight, the windows don't

> roll
> > up, but other than that pretty easy fix just need parts to update

> suspension
> > and brakes, the motor runs, it has about 55,000 miles on it so I think I
> > will end up buying it anyways, and if I get it all ripped apart since I

> will
> > be doing a frame off restoration and feel that its too much work I will

> let
> > you all know
> >
> > Thank you for the input! let you know if I come across a problem!
> >

> > "John Smith" > wrote in message
> > > Are you nuts? If you don't want it I will buy it for that price.

They
> > > don't make fastbacks or convertibles so you should go for it. The

only
> > > way I would not is if the thing was covered in rust...

took
> > it

time
> > for,

> windows
> > were

anyone

Old November 20th 04, 12:30 AM
Cory Dunkle

Why a 429? If you're gonna go through the trouble of making a 385 series
engine fit why not do a 460? They are cheap and plentiful.

Don't underestimate the 289 though. 289s love to rev. A stock bottom end can
take 7000 RPM. Build it for RPM, back it with a toploader, and put some
4.11s in the rear and you've got one sick 'stang!

Cory

Old November 20th 04, 08:02 PM
chris serbus

How much horsepower do you think I can get out of that 289 motor?

Old November 21st 04, 12:52 AM
351CJ

How much money do you want to spend?

Old November 21st 04, 04:57 AM
Kathy and Erich Coiner

How do you intend to use the car?

A friend vintage races his Shelby GT350. His 289 puts out 425 ponies. It
is NO fun to drive in traffic tho.
300 to 325 horses will be very streetable. I am talking crank hp above.
Here is a link to some dyno results.
http://www.catmbr.org/Dyno5D04.html
http://www.catmbr.org/Dyno2001.html
Erich

Old November 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
chris serbus

I want about 300 to 400 horsepower out of it if possible, with a
supercharger, something I can use on the street and something I can use at
the local 1/4 mile strip.