Good/Bad

Old November 3rd 05, 06:10 PM
Thomas Avery

Default Good/Bad

A neighbor's son is with the State Patrol. Last Saturday we had a BBQ and
during the evening I asked about traffic violators in general. Sgt. B told
me in his opinion the worst drivers were young, white females. 2nd were
young black males, 3rd were "soccer moms". A surprise was that he felt that
the most courteous drivers were older black males. I wonder if other law
enforcement on this site have opinions about their areas?

Old November 3rd 05, 07:01 PM
223rem

Thomas Avery wrote:
> A neighbor's son is with the State Patrol. Last Saturday we had a BBQ and
> during the evening I asked about traffic violators in general. Sgt. B told
> me in his opinion the worst drivers were young, white females. 2nd were
> young black males, 3rd were "soccer moms". A surprise was that he felt that
> the most courteous drivers were older black males. I wonder if other law
> enforcement on this site have opinions about their areas?

Young black males are the worst LLBs on the road, imho.

White airhead chicks + SUVs + cell phones = very dangerous.
One such bitch killed a cyclist here recently.
Old November 3rd 05, 08:59 PM
Ben

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:10:40 -0600, "Thomas Avery"
> wrote:

>A neighbor's son is with the State Patrol. Last Saturday we had a BBQ and
>during the evening I asked about traffic violators in general. Sgt. B told
>me in his opinion the worst drivers were young, white females. 2nd were
>young black males, 3rd were "soccer moms".

I'm surprised young white males didn't get a mention - there are some
pretty horrendous ones out there - perhaps young black males are
worse, but I do see more young white males, simply because there are
more of them, especially in the parts of town I usually find myself
in.

> A surprise was that he felt that
>the most courteous drivers were older black males. I wonder if other law
>enforcement on this site have opinions about their areas?

Possible explanation for older black males being better drivers: They
have too much experience being pulled over for pretext stops - or to
put it another way, you don't get to be old being a fool.

Old November 3rd 05, 09:12 PM
jaybird

"Thomas Avery" > wrote in message
>A neighbor's son is with the State Patrol. Last Saturday we had a BBQ and
>during the evening I asked about traffic violators in general. Sgt. B told
>me in his opinion the worst drivers were young, white females. 2nd were
>young black males, 3rd were "soccer moms". A surprise was that he felt that
>the most courteous drivers were older black males. I wonder if other law
>enforcement on this site have opinions about their areas?

Around here (central Texas) I'd say the worst drivers a

1. Soccer moms (cell phones stuck to the ear, kid yelling in their ear,
LLBing, changing lanes at the last minute because of the distractions they
already have going on. Then they give you the worst ration of s%&t when you
stop them for it because they're so distracted they don't realize that their
driving sucks).

2. Hispanics without licenses or insurance (all over the place around here
since we're so close to Mexico. They get their cars towed and they get to
walk).

The most courteous are older Black males, but the most rude are younger
Black males.

--
---
jaybird

Old November 3rd 05, 09:21 PM
Brent P

In article >, Ben wrote:

> I'm surprised young white males didn't get a mention - there are some
> pretty horrendous ones out there

The bad ones are small in number compared to bad ones in the other
catagories in my experience.

But the 'old black men' thing boggles me... 'old black men' are like most
'old' people in general. Driving cluelessly well under the speed of
traffic.

Old November 3rd 05, 09:52 PM
Mike T.

"Thomas Avery" > wrote in message
>A neighbor's son is with the State Patrol. Last Saturday we had a BBQ and
>during the evening I asked about traffic violators in general. Sgt. B told
>me in his opinion the worst drivers were young, white females.

Yes, that is absolutely true, but their driving RECORDS don't reflect that.
It's not hard to understand why. If I were a young, white female and not
fugly, I'd drive like the rules don't apply to me. Because basically, they
DON'T. Being a young white female behind the wheel is almost as good as
wearing a badge behind the wheel. Almost. -Dave

Old November 4th 05, 04:49 AM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
jaybird > wrote:

>The most courteous are older Black males, but the most rude are younger
>Black males.

That's because the older ones have been literally beaten down by
your bretheren.
Old November 4th 05, 06:15 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:01:32 GMT, 223rem > wrote:

>Young black males are the worst LLBs on the road, imho.

I disagree. The young hispanic males have them beat hands down. Then
again, maybe it's a Southwest thing.

My theory is that Jose in his '65 Chebby Lowrider is driving slowly
because he's on his way to work and wants to delay getting there as
long as possible.

Old November 4th 05, 06:17 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 20:12:55 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>2. Hispanics without licenses or insurance (all over the place around here
>since we're so close to Mexico. They get their cars towed and they get to
>walk).

Texas has that law, too?

The Lone Star State just went up another notch in my book.