Cant believe no one is talking about the CREW 70's mod........

Old October 12th 05, 11:18 PM
gcorrigan

Default Cant believe no one is talking about the CREW 70's mod........

Absolutely awesome. This mod which recreates the mid 70's formula one
season is an absolute masterpiece. If you are a fan of the era (Lauda,
Fittapaldi, Hunt Jones etc etc not to mention the 6 wheel project 34
Tyrell) you just have to get it.

The download is large at over 500 meg, but extremely well worth it.

My thanks go out across the airwaves to all the CREW members who
dedicated so much time in recreating this amazing mod. You will not
believe the attention to detail in this one!

Thanks again

Old October 12th 05, 11:41 PM
BRH

gcorrigan @ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Absolutely awesome. This mod which recreates the mid 70's formula one
> season is an absolute masterpiece. If you are a fan of the era (Lauda,
> Fittapaldi, Hunt Jones etc etc not to mention the 6 wheel project 34
> Tyrell) you just have to get it.
>
> The download is large at over 500 meg, but extremely well worth it.
>
> My thanks go out across the airwaves to all the CREW members who
> dedicated so much time in recreating this amazing mod. You will not
> believe the attention to detail in this one!
>
> Thanks again

Link Please? ...and I assume this is for RFactor?

Old October 12th 05, 11:48 PM
gcorrigan

Sorry guys, I guess because ive waited for the release of this mod for
so long, that everyone was aware of it and also anticipating it's
realease.

Its for EA F1 99-02 challange and is available in the RSC forums

link

http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=860

To me it the highlight do to date for racings sims full stop. That
included GPL Rfactor, the lot!!

I guess its "whatever floats your boat" but to me that era was just
something special.

go grab it and enjoy

chers again

Glenn

Old October 13th 05, 06:19 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Why "F1 SEVEN" and not "Seventies" or "70's"?

Bruce

Old October 13th 05, 09:28 AM
Byron Forbes

"gcorrigan @ozemail.com.au" <NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Sorry guys, I guess because ive waited for the release of this mod for
> so long, that everyone was aware of it and also anticipating it's
> realease.
>
> Its for EA F1 99-02 challange and is available in the RSC forums

What a letdown! Any plans for an rFactor redo? I'd like to actually
enjoy this with other people online! Take to 'em with a 6 wheeler! LOL.

Old October 13th 05, 11:14 PM
gcorrigan

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:19:01 +1000, "Bruce Kennewell"
> wrote:

>Why "F1 SEVEN" and not "Seventies" or "70's"?
>
>Bruce

"G'day Bruce"

I wondered that too!

I don't care what they called it. I call it magnificent!

We didn't get them here in Australia in the flesh then, but Hunt at
Hidden Valley, Lauda at Sandown, Fittapaldi at Bathurst, Brambilla at
Queensland, the whole damm lot of them at Albert Park…………..it works
for me.

Can't speak more highly of it. Sadly, they do not seem however at this
stage working on a conversion for Rfactor

cheers
Glenn

Old October 13th 05, 11:31 PM

I read on their forum that a conversion for rFactor may be in the cards
once some 'vintage' tracks appear.

Old October 14th 05, 04:40 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Please excuse my ignorance, but does this 550Mb download include tracks?
If not, where would one go to download the classic circuits that were used
in the 70's, particularly Nordschliefe, Zandvoort, Monza, etc.?

Although my favourite period for F1 is the 1960's, it wasn't until the late
1970's - when home-grown Aussie Alan Jones joined Williams - that the races
were telecast here, giving we F1 fans the opportunity to watch the races
live.
So I can certainly identify with this era of Grands Prix.

Old October 14th 05, 06:26 AM
Byron Forbes

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I read on their forum that a conversion for rFactor may be in the cards
> once some 'vintage' tracks appear.

Bloody hell, why wait for that! Someone might step in with copyright
crap whilst they're waiting - remember BAR mod etc. Just do it now ffs!

Old October 14th 05, 07:17 PM
Charles F. Castor Jr.

What game is this mod for?

Thanks