Mustang Sales, Specialty Models

Old March 6th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_29_]

Default Mustang Sales, Specialty Models

I guess it's both bad and good news...

http://tinyurl.com/ypofdq
Old March 6th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> I guess it's both bad and good news...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ypofdq

Yeah, I think it is good and bad news. It will keep pressure on Ford to
keep improving the car. I wonder if the sky high prices of the GT500 is
putting some people off? I know that it is the case with me. IMO, Ford
needs a reasonably priced intermediate model between the GT and GT500.
Plus, with the threat of a new Challenger and Camaro coming to market
soon, maybe some buyers are waiting to have more than one choice. The
Charger may have taken away some buyers.
Old March 6th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nomen Lapetos

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> Joe wrote:
>> I guess it's both bad and good news...
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ypofdq

> Yeah, I think it is good and bad news. It will keep pressure on Ford to
> keep improving the car. I wonder if the sky high prices of the GT500 is
> putting some people off? I know that it is the case with me. IMO, Ford
> needs a reasonably priced intermediate model between the GT and GT500.
> Plus, with the threat of a new Challenger and Camaro coming to market
> soon, maybe some buyers are waiting to have more than one choice. The
> Charger may have taken away some buyers.

they screw up the new mustangs with the digital throttle, and resultant Bog,
shift problems, and also the drone from the muffler.

Old March 7th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Mar 6, 3:28 pm, "Nomen Lapetos" > wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message

> > Joe wrote:
> >> I guess it's both bad and good news...

> >>http://tinyurl.com/ypofdq

> > Yeah, I think it is good and bad news. It will keep pressure on Ford to
> > keep improving the car. I wonder if the sky high prices of the GT500 is
> > putting some people off? I know that it is the case with me. IMO, Ford
> > needs a reasonably priced intermediate model between the GT and GT500.
> > Plus, with the threat of a new Challenger and Camaro coming to market
> > soon, maybe some buyers are waiting to have more than one choice. The
> > Charger may have taken away some buyers.

> they screw up the new mustangs with the digital throttle, and resultant Bog,
> shift problems, and also the drone from the muffler.

Ok... I now you shouldn't HAVE to spend extra money on a brand new
car... BUT... a $400 aftermarket tuner, like an SCT X-Cal2 from one of
the better shops, will VASTLY IMPROVE throttle lag and shift
problems... And for a few more dollars i'm thinking putting a couple
of resonators in would help your drone problem.... Like I said,
perhaps you shouldn't have to pay to "fix" these things but they
certainly aren't insurmountable...

Old March 7th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nomen Lapetos

"John S." > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Mar 6, 3:28 pm, "Nomen Lapetos" > wrote:

>> > Yeah, I think it is good and bad news. It will keep pressure on Ford
>> > keep improving the car. I wonder if the sky high prices of the GT500
>> > is
>> > putting some people off? I know that it is the case with me. IMO,
>> > Ford
>> > needs a reasonably priced intermediate model between the GT and GT500.
>> > Plus, with the threat of a new Challenger and Camaro coming to market
>> > soon, maybe some buyers are waiting to have more than one choice. The
>> > Charger may have taken away some buyers.

>> they screw up the new mustangs with the digital throttle, and resultant
>> Bog,
>> shift problems, and also the drone from the muffler.

> Ok... I now you shouldn't HAVE to spend extra money on a brand new
> car... BUT... a $400 aftermarket tuner, like an SCT X-Cal2 from one of
> the better shops, will VASTLY IMPROVE throttle lag and shift
> problems... And for a few more dollars i'm thinking putting a couple
> of resonators in would help your drone problem.... Like I said,
> perhaps you shouldn't have to pay to "fix" these things but they
> certainly aren't insurmountable...

what/where you put a resonator in, never heard of one.?

Old March 8th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

John S. wrote:
> On Mar 6, 3:28 pm, "Nomen Lapetos" > wrote:

>>> Yeah, I think it is good and bad news. It will keep pressure on Ford to
>>> keep improving the car. I wonder if the sky high prices of the GT500 is
>>> putting some people off? I know that it is the case with me. IMO, Ford
>>> needs a reasonably priced intermediate model between the GT and GT500.
>>> Plus, with the threat of a new Challenger and Camaro coming to market
>>> soon, maybe some buyers are waiting to have more than one choice. The
>>> Charger may have taken away some buyers.

>> they screw up the new mustangs with the digital throttle, and resultant Bog,
>> shift problems, and also the drone from the muffler.

> Ok... I now you shouldn't HAVE to spend extra money on a brand new
> car... BUT... a $400 aftermarket tuner, like an SCT X-Cal2 from one of
> the better shops, will VASTLY IMPROVE throttle lag and shift
> problems... And for a few more dollars i'm thinking putting a couple
> of resonators in would help your drone problem.... Like I said,
> perhaps you shouldn't have to pay to "fix" these things but they
> certainly aren't insurmountable...

Plus, the 3-valve motors in the Mustang respond very well to tweaking
the program. I seen people report 20-30 rwhp more from just a custom
tune. Not a bad return for a $300-$400 cost.
Old March 8th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

ZombyWoof wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:26:12 -0500, Michael Johnson >
> wrote something wonderfully witty:
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> I guess it's both bad and good news...
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/ypofdq

>> Yeah, I think it is good and bad news. It will keep pressure on Ford to
>> keep improving the car. I wonder if the sky high prices of the GT500 is
>> putting some people off? I know that it is the case with me. IMO, Ford
>> needs a reasonably priced intermediate model between the GT and GT500.
>> Plus, with the threat of a new Challenger and Camaro coming to market
>> soon, maybe some buyers are waiting to have more than one choice. The
>> Charger may have taken away some buyers.
>>

> At the current predicated release dates it will be time for me to get
> my next new ride. At this time if the Challenger even comes close to
> being what it is supposed to be I'll be in line with cash in my hand &
> a pink slip in my wallet. I doubt that there is anything that Ford
> could do at this time to change my mind. Now the Challenger could
> miss the mark, but some how I doubt it.

Well you know it will probably have at least a 400 hp N/A V-8 which is a
very good start. If it looks anywhere close to the one I saw at the DC
Auto Show last year it will be a home run for D-C. Plus, I can see the
marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a
Hemi Cuda will appear.

Old March 8th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:

> marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a
> Hemi Cuda will appear.

How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?

Old March 8th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> In article >, Michael
> Johnson wrote:
>
>> marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a
>> Hemi Cuda will appear.

> How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?

Well you could start selling a DODGE Hemi Cuda. They were always the same
thing anyway...

Old March 8th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article <0hYHh.21274$as.2043@trnddc04>, My Name Is Nobody wrote:

> "Brent P" > wrote in message
>> In article >, Michael
>> Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a
>>> Hemi Cuda will appear.

>> How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?
>>

> Well you could start selling a DODGE Hemi Cuda. They were always the same
> thing anyway...

That would be a challenger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Barracuda