Greedy *******s.....

Old November 2nd 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default Greedy *******s.....

In article >, Hawk wrote:

Ya think you could post in 80 columns?

> "Brent P" wrote in message:
>> Does a fixed allotment create scaricty? Yes or no.

> No...because the number of cars Ford ultimately builds has no correlation to how
> they are spread around to the various dealers. If they plan to build 7000
> GT500's, the scarcity is determined by how many people want to buy one. If nobody
> wanted one...they could build 100 and they wouldn't be considered scarce from a
> buyers perspective.

So if they sent one to chicago and 6999 to europe that wouldn't create
scarcity in the USA?

The fixed allotments do create scaricity because they can never be 100%
accurate with regard to where the buyers are. Unless of course you see it
as easy for buyers to purchase vehicles on the other side of the nation.
Nor are all the vehicles entering the market at once.

Above you need to assume that all 7000 are on the market at once and that
buyers and sellers have no geographic restrictions.

> Again we are back to standard market forces...

No, because of the assumptions needed above are not practical.

Now, if instead of allotments to dealers, dealers could take orders
for vehicles for future delivery, then that would simulate the conditions
you've outlined fairly well. The entire production would hit the market
at the same time on paper. Virtually as it were. The order books would be
open until X value were reached or whatever limiting factor ford used and
having the cars sent to where they are ordered, then yes you'd have
standard market forces as you described them.

Allotments could easily have buffalo dealers stuck with the cars all
winter and dealers in LA with buyers but no cars.

Old November 4th 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:52:56 -0600,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, Hairy wrote:
>>>
>>> But in the end, you need to show that allotment of a product brings about
>>> free market competition amung retailers selling that product. When you
>>> can do that, then you win the debate.

>> The others won the dabate long ago. You are just too dense to realise it.

>How's that? with irrelevant tangents with made up views they assigned
>me? Because not one has shown that ideal free market competition existing
>between retailers. In fact if you pay attention each one conceeded that
>allotment eliminates the competition between retailers and then went to
>some irrelevant tangent such as ford having a right to do it and about
>dealers having a right to maximize profit and whole host of other
>tangents that well I never disagreed with them on despite their attempt
>to make it seem that way.
>
>Thing is, if you paid attention you would have noticed I never argued
>that ford and the dealers didn't have a right to do it, only stated they
>did it. So try to pay attention and don't fall for such nonsense next time.

Don't you ever tire of insulting people in various ways in your
flailing attempts to win arguments you lost long ago?