Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________mixqec

Old November 19th 04, 03:44 PM
linda

Steve Bigelow wrote:
> "Big Bill" > wrote in message
> news >
>>>Honestly, I did not realize that there were so many duke fans, and again
>>>as stated, I admitted, i did not find any site to support a claim that
>>>our beloved duke was *OMG* gay.....

>>Are you *really* that naive? Or just that young?
>>Sure, you posted that thinking, "No one here knows who The Duke is, so
>>I can say whatever I want, and no one will even think twice about it."
>>This is Usenet. if you don't understand it, lurk for a while.
>>Primary rule: never post without some idea of how to defend what you
>>say. Especially when you malign an ICON.

> Malign?
> How? Is being gay still a big deal in the US?

also, i would like to interject: is it against the *rules* to be Gay
and an ICON?

Old November 19th 04, 03:58 PM
linda

Bill Putney wrote:
> Sparky wrote:
>
>> Linda wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Please watch your snipping & quoting - I did not post "KNOTHEAD".
>> Actually, I didn't see anything I posted in your quoted text.
>>
>> TIA

> Sparkmeister - according to the attributions my browser shows, you did
> post "KNOTHEAD". I had even commented to you that it was a nice pun.
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

> News==----
> Newsgroups

BIG GRIN!!!!
Old November 19th 04, 04:45 PM
Big Bill

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:51:41 -0500, "Steve Bigelow"
> wrote:

>"Big Bill" > wrote in message
>news
>>>Honestly, I did not realize that there were so many duke fans, and again
>>>as stated, I admitted, i did not find any site to support a claim that
>>>our beloved duke was *OMG* gay.....

>> Are you *really* that naive? Or just that young?
>> Sure, you posted that thinking, "No one here knows who The Duke is, so
>> I can say whatever I want, and no one will even think twice about it."
>> This is Usenet. if you don't understand it, lurk for a while.
>> Primary rule: never post without some idea of how to defend what you
>> say. Especially when you malign an ICON.

>Malign?
>How? Is being gay still a big deal in the US?

Sorry; insert "intend to".
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old November 19th 04, 07:50 PM
Sparky

Bill Putney wrote:

> Sparky wrote:
>
>> Linda wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Please watch your snipping & quoting - I did not post "KNOTHEAD".
>> Actually, I didn't see anything I posted in your quoted text.
>>
>> TIA

> Sparkmeister - according to the attributions my browser shows, you did
> post "KNOTHEAD". I had even commented to you that it was a nice pun.

Took a 2nd look & you're right - sorry for the confusion.

(I had to look back to the dogwood tree reference)