Study on rats confirms solidarity

Old December 9th 11, 11:40 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Study on rats confirms solidarity

I don't want to point out anyone in particular, but this study on rats
proves my Wisdom of the Jungle right...

A rat goes to the rescue of another rat in distress --me-- even when
that means sharing chocolate cookies. My struggle to ride a bike --
dangerous to me and others on sidewalk-- must not be ignored or else
we'll be all worse than rats. Again, rats do NOT jump ship when it's
sinking, and we all know the world is sinking.

WATCH LIBERATION ATTEMPT BY RAT...

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/09/143304...-a-trapped-pal

RATS ARE CURIOUS AND PLAYFUL --THEY LOVE THE WHEEL!-- LIKE US...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK2B94Zg9BI

And they are social animals too! What else can I say?

Old December 10th 11, 02:22 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

On Dec 9, 5:31 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
> wrote:
> I don't want to point out anyone in particular, but this study on rats
> proves my Wisdom of the Jungle right...
>
> A rat goes to the rescue of another rat in distress --me-- even when
> that means sharing chocolate cookies. My struggle to ride a bike --
> dangerous to me and others on sidewalk-- must not be ignored or else
> we'll be all worse than rats. Again, rats do NOT jump ship when it's
> sinking, and we all know the world is sinking.
>
> WATCH LIBERATION ATTEMPT BY RAT...
>
> http://www.npr.org/2011/12/09/143304...will-work-to-f...

From the comments above...

They don't scam, don't fight,
Don't oppress an equal's given rights,
Don't starve the poor so they can be well fed,
Or line their holes with the dead ones bread

~from "Rats" by Pearl Jam

***

But it's nearly impossible to give a hand to a fellow rat when
everybody is part of the rat race. The problem may be the rat race
itself, not the rat. You easily see this in the traffic out there (in
my part of the world). You give a light signal, they block you.

Deep, deep stuff.

Old December 10th 11, 03:09 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

On Dec 10, 7:49 am, Jim_Higgins > wrote:
> On 12/9/11 5:40 PM, TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:
>
> > snip

> So you and GLOBALIST help each other escape from cages?

The cage is only metaphorical. We do stay in cages all the time, home
or car can be "cages." Yes, walking or riding a bicycle is an act of
liberation.

The Wisdom of the East and Solidarity are our best hope:

On Dec 10, 8:48 am, "classroom" > wrote:

> Please tie your posts into the particular Group
> into which you are attempting to "educate"
> according to your "purpose" which you feel
> "clearly can change human behavior"
> for example how the foundation of capitalism
> relates to Buddhism, Zen, Taoism, etc..
>
> Thank you.

Obviously the rat race and Eastern philosophies are at odds. It's the
very reason many of us turn to these groups. Some propose MEDITATION,
some RIDING A BIKE, HAMMOCK and PADDLE BOARD. The end result is the
same: NO RAT RACE. How can you best resist the urge to run if not by
lying in a hammock?

Notice how some in the West --and the East as well-- promote the rat
race. They fail to say that you end up "running to survive" --not for
the hell of it-- so some rat at the top has a secure life.

Actually I think Wisdom is in trouble unless we put up an act of
resistance. They do promote openly their rat race...

(I QUOTE)

Are we just selfish hypocrites who have fallen too deeply in love with
a synthetic commercial world, with all its gadgets and traffic?
Happiness books typically implore us to surrender our raw capitalistic
drives, to levy taxes on high earners, and to derail the rat race
before the entire world turns into a human-size Habitrail, plastic and
pointless. And speaking of a Habitrail, these Edenists claim we are
spinning on what has become known as the hedonic treadmill, so that
the more we have the more we want. Typical advice: “Don’t worry, be
frugal.” Or reach for the Prozac.

In my book, 'Rush: Why You Need and Love the Rat Race,' I take on a
seemingly preposterous task, employing the latest research in
neuroscience and behavioral economics to argue the opposite: It is the
race itself — sloppy, risky, and tense — that can bring us happiness.

http://www.cuckleburr.com/book-excer...-todd-buccholz

Old December 12th 11, 03:28 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore

On Dec 10, 7:01 pm, "unclear" > wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 06:05:08 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
>

> Cruiser Philosopher" > wrote:
> >On Dec 10, 8:48 am, "classroom" > wrote:

> >> " 5. Appropriate Conduct"

> >> " You agree to use the Service only to send and receive
> >> messages and material that are legal, proper and related to the
> >> particular Group."

> >> " related to the particular Group."

> >Obviously the rat race and Eastern philosophies are at odds.

> To what particular Group is this obvious?
>
> How so?

To what group this is not obvious. The Buddhists and aborigines are
surely concerned with it. Their world is peaceful and remote and they
want to keep it that way --hopefully. If I post this to Toyota this is
not so obvious. And yet it is common sense that everybody driving a
Toyota should stop and think if they want to be part of the rat race.

I will post it there now. China would be concerned as well as they
want to mass produce cars and dismiss the revolutionary bike.
Revolutionary groups are concerned as well. Vegan people are concerned
too. Capitalists should be too. Senior citizens are already out of the
rat race.

I post to all those groups and more. Christians are sure to be
bombarded with my wisdom so eventually they take notice of all the
things going wrong in the world. They are waiting for Jesus to come
and save the world. But this is not the way things work if we want to
save the world from destruction, and we all live in this world.

There's no room for solutions, some of them really clever, such as
electric bikes. There's no communities, just gated communities.
There's no civility on the roads. There's TOO MUCH CORRUPTION to
really accomplish anything.

All this calls for the Wise TibetanMonkey.