2002 325 - replace standard wheels with 17" sport wheels

Old February 28th 05, 09:28 PM
Brandon

Default 2002 325 - replace standard wheels with 17" sport wheels

I am looking to buy a used 3 series.

Found a very clean 2002 325 sedan. Looks good all around but (forgive
me) I ****HATE***** the base wheels that come with the car. They look
very generic. I really like the sport wheels that come with the
2004-2005 325, and even the sport wheels that came with the 2002 325
look pretty good.

Can I change the wheels out without any suspension modifications? If
so, will the stance on the car be the same as if it had the sport
package (i.e. I don't want the wheels to look awkward on the car)?
I think the base wheels are 15 or 16" - the sport wheels are 17"?

Has anyone done that? Also, does anyone know where I could go on the
net to purchase factory BMW wheels?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Brandon

Old March 1st 05, 01:15 AM
fbloogyudsr

"Brandon" > wrote
> Found a very clean 2002 325 sedan. Looks good all around but (forgive
> me) I ****HATE***** the base wheels that come with the car. They look
> very generic. I really like the sport wheels that come with the
> 2004-2005 325, and even the sport wheels that came with the 2002 325
> look pretty good.
>
> Can I change the wheels out without any suspension modifications? If
> so, will the stance on the car be the same as if it had the sport
> package (i.e. I don't want the wheels to look awkward on the car)?
> I think the base wheels are 15 or 16" - the sport wheels are 17"?

The base wheels on a 325 are 16". The sport package is 17x7.5. You
can change with no suspension mods.

> Has anyone done that? Also, does anyone know where I could go on the
> net to purchase factory BMW wheels?

I've got 325 sport package wheels on my 330xi (for summer driving).
Best place is eBay - they have hundreds for sale (although it's hard
to find just the one you want since eBay doesn't actually index by
size - you can only search the text, which isn't always very satisfactory.)

Floyd
Old March 1st 05, 03:06 AM
Brandon

Thanks...just what I needed to hear