2004 Saturn Vue Possible problem?

Old May 8th 04, 10:54 PM
satyr

Default 2004 Saturn Vue Possible problem?

On Thu, 06 May 2004 13:10:54 -0400, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>Matt Hayden wrote:
>>
>> "C. E. White" > wrote in message >...
>> Just pray you don't get one of the
>> > porous engine blocks.......
>> >
>> > Regard,
>> >
>> > Ed White

>> What's up with porous engine blocks?

>Honda/Acura had a major problem with porous engine block
>castings. Oil would weep out through the porosity. Hopefully
>it is resolved by now. Honda is very secretive and tries to
>avoid issuing service bulletins. However, in this case one
>was issued. Short of replacing the engine, the fix was to
>coat the weeping area with JB Weld. Not a very elegant fix.
>
>Ed

I think you are fixated on this problem with porous Honda engine
blocks. I am a regular reader of rec.autos.makers.honda and I had
never heard of it. So I did a Google search and found only 9 times
where it has come up in the history of Usenet. Five of these times it
was you who raised the issue. Only once was the issue raised by a
Honda owner who actually had the problem. At least twice it was
mentioned that the problem affected only a tiny number of cars. It
certainly wasn't a "major problem."