Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

Old November 23rd 06, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
SteveH

Default Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

ZÿRiX > wrote:

Here's a hint. Post at the bottom, snip the sigs and try not to post
under the sig-separator, which means your rantings will be invisible to
most people.

> ZÿRiX
> (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)
> <snip>
>
> I have a 2005 Sorento first registered in 2004 Title and the owners manual
> in the glove compartment says 2005
>
> I also have a 1997 Sentra first registered in 1998 Title and the owners
> manual in the glove compartment says 1997
>
> and I have a 1998 Corvette first registered in 1998 Title and the owners
> manual in the glove compartment says 1998
>
> So find me an owners manual for a corvette that says 1983 on it...
>
> Stop being so backward...

Thanks for confirming that 'model years' have nothing to do with the
year of manufacture or year of registration.

It's taken a while, but you got there in the end.
Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
Old November 23rd 06, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Dean Dark

So when PikeyVanMan said:

>We refer to different models by specific model
>designators (as I said above) - e.g. BMW 5 series goes E28/E34/E39/E60(?),
>with possibly one or two before that (google for john burns bmw for a good
>site with all that stuff on). That, and major facelifts within a model are
>generally referred to as that.

He was wrong? You guys are all painting yourselves into corners over
this model/registration year thing. Some of you are saying that you
*never* refer to the year (see PVM above) and others are saying that a
1995 car first registered in 2006 is a 2006 car. If that amounts to
me paying the stupidity card, then more fool you for picking it up...
Old November 23rd 06, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
SteveH

Dean Dark > wrote:

> >We refer to different models by specific model
> >designators (as I said above) - e.g. BMW 5 series goes E28/E34/E39/E60(?),
> >with possibly one or two before that (google for john burns bmw for a good
> >site with all that stuff on). That, and major facelifts within a model are
> >generally referred to as that.

> He was wrong? You guys are all painting yourselves into corners over
> this model/registration year thing. Some of you are saying that you
> *never* refer to the year (see PVM above) and others are saying that a
> 1995 car first registered in 2006 is a 2006 car. If that amounts to
> me paying the stupidity card, then more fool you for picking it up...

Eh?

You still don't understand, do you?

We don't give a toss about 'model years' - which appear to be a
marketing ploy to get stupid people to part with money. From what I can
see, generally the difference between this years' and next years' model
is that they've changed the font on a switch or something equally
trivial to be able to advertise it as a new 'model year'.

We just refer to stuff by the year it was registered. It really is that
simple. None of this 'registered in September 2006, but it's a 2007
model' ********.
Old November 23rd 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

Adrian wrote:
> Snappo ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
> were saying :

>>> Easy. That'll be any UK registered (in fact, probably any non-US-
>>> registered) Corvette that was first registered between 1/1/83 and
>>> 31/12/83.

>> Registration date <> model year.

> Tough, it does over here.
>
> There is no such concept as "model year" on a UK registration
> document - or in the UK generally.
>
> Get over your parochialism.

That is absurd. So if you buy a 1980 vehicle (as an investment) and leave
it in a garage and never registered for use on public roads; 20 years later
when you change your mind and register it for the first time it becomes a
2000 vehicle? You have got to be a troll looking for a ****ing war in the
car groups. Nobody could be that stupid. ^K

Old November 23rd 06, 06:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

Dad wrote:
> That cleared that up, the title is a 1983, the car is still a 1984.
> Today we give thanks for being free of the loony British rule, well
> kinda, more on that July 4th.

I agree. And like I said: Model Year <> First Registration.

To change the subject for a moment - is it fairly safe for me to put two
sets of clubs in the back of my new C6? Can I just put a nice soft blanket
down or something and be perfectly fine? I don't want to damage anything.

Old November 23rd 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

ZÿRiX wrote:
>> And the original challenge was to find a Corvette TITLE - which we
>> call a V5 - that says it's a 1983. Simple. All Corvettes first
>> registered in 1983 will say they're 1983 cars. They won't say that
>> it's an '82 or an '84 car. Because it isn't outside of some internal
>> specification tracking designation.

> Just a bunch of backward ass dumb ****s that cannot drive on the
> RIGHT side of the road...
> Look at the vin and enter it here and you will not find one that
> comes up as an 83...
> http://www.analogx.com/CONTENTS/vinview.htm

That's why we kicked their asses in 1776 and 1812. They walked on the wrong
side of the trial and wore "sissy red". LOL

Corvette is an American car and they had model years which were not equal to
production dates. It is laughable that some people in UK are arguing that
the date it was registered determines the model year. If that is true;
they got 90% of the years wrong on their registrations; as General Motors
often starts building in a way that does not conform to the calendar year.

Old November 23rd 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
SteveH

Snappo > wrote:

> >> Registration date <> model year.

> > Tough, it does over here.
> >
> > There is no such concept as "model year" on a UK registration
> > document - or in the UK generally.
> >
> > Get over your parochialism.

> That is absurd. So if you buy a 1980 vehicle (as an investment) and leave
> it in a garage and never registered for use on public roads; 20 years later
> when you change your mind and register it for the first time it becomes a
> 2000 vehicle? You have got to be a troll looking for a ****ing war in the
> car groups. Nobody could be that stupid.

Yes, that's exactly how it works. Although, if you can prove the year of
manufacture, I believe you can apply for an age-related plate for the
vehicle.
Old November 23rd 06, 06:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

CardsFan wrote:
> "Snappo" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> "RicSeyler" > wrote in message
>>> Variable displacement? Like the ole '81 Cadillac V8/6/4?
>>>
>>> Someone I know just bought one, and when he told be what it was I
>>> bet him there was no such thing, and I lost a dollar in the process.

>> Just looked it up - the variable displacement motor was not only in
>> the V8-6-4 but is also a feature of the Dodge Hemi since 2004, on
>> the Mercedes V-12 in the 1990's, and on more recent Hondas. Of
>> note is that some manufacturers turn off entire banks of cylinders
>> and others turn off opposing cylinders.

> <cross-posting trimmed>
>
> Are you saying the cylinders do not operate at all, or that no fuel
> is fed into them and so they do not combust?

You have to refer that to Dad. I don't have a clue how they do it. If they
just shut off fuel; then what would happen on the exhaust stroke? Is it
possible it stops the function of the valves themself?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from
extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the
bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed
on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our
sunset years telling our children and our children's
children what it was once like in the United States where
men were free."