Mystery Small Oriental 4WD?

Old December 29th 04, 11:10 PM

Default Mystery Small Oriental 4WD?

Among the pics of the awful tsunami damage, is a shot of what looks
just like a Zuke Samurai that has an extended cab & a blocked-off rear
bed area. Anyone know what such a vehicle may be?

Old December 30th 04, 12:46 AM
chippy

can you post a link to the image?

Old December 30th 04, 01:11 AM
Jack Daynes

chippy wrote:
> can you post a link to the image?

Good idea! BTW: I remember seeing the (or 'a')
picture. All I can say is that it was definitely a
Sami. Looked like it had a hard bikini top (as I
recall) and an open back seat. If it's the same
picture I saw, it was about the only vehicle with
its wheels on the ground.

--
-- Jack --
=================================

Old December 30th 04, 08:37 PM

No, it was on AOhell's daily nooze blurb & I snagged it as a little
..gif - anyone want it in a mail? If so send me a one-liner for reply.

It is a Sami-type model with a factory hardtop versus any aftermarket
or removeable stuff, ext'd-cab & closed-off real rear window & separate
bed like an ordinary truck instead of any open-type arr'gt like got
shipped to North Amerika. IOW, just what any Sami appreciator would
love to have - 'way cool/useful compared to what we call a Sami & only
(maybe) slightly longer. If Jack saw the same pic it was white. Like
any good Sami it is very cute!
Do any orientals read & post to this NG?

Old December 31st 04, 02:26 AM
Flyingmonk

Yeah, I'd like to see it.

Thanks,
Bryan

Old January 1st 05, 10:08 PM

Flyingmonk wrote:
> Yeah, I'd like to see it.

And from my post:

Old January 1st 05, 10:08 PM

Old January 11th 05, 06:44 AM
N4TRBL Kirk

Your eyes dont deceive you that is a samurai p/u truck,Suzuki made many
variations of the samurai including a four door hardtop that was like a
miniature Rover discovery.Unfortunately the north americas only got the
standard wheel base hard top and convertable!
I have two convertables and a hard top,these vehicles are lots of fun,
cheap to build up and easy to work on!

Old January 13th 05, 08:19 AM
paul

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Among the pics of the awful tsunami damage, is a shot of what looks
> just like a Zuke Samurai that has an extended cab & a blocked-off rear
> bed area. Anyone know what such a vehicle may be?

I have subaru sumo van four wheel drive 1.2 litre 1992, could have been one
of them.

Old January 15th 05, 09:23 PM

And with a little extended cab, no less - thank you! It is very cute &
more useful, I'd love to have one.