530 comfort access

Old February 6th 06, 07:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default 530 comfort access

Test drove a 06 530 and liked it so I told the dealer to order me one
with certain colors and options, and I told them i want comfort access
they said it can be activated after the car gets here when the car came
it had a key and no start button they said they could not activate the
option, any one knows if it is possible to install the start button on
the car so I can get the comfort access, and btw they did a
reprogramming on the car which took over 6 hours of download, and the
only change I noticed is the idrive menu appears automatically without
waiting for the accept command, appreciate any input
thanks

Old February 6th 06, 08:18 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

If I was you I would make them reorder the car WITH The Comfort Access since
they cant add it like they said. If they cant then I would either require a
large discount for their screw-up on a promise or force them to order an 07'
at the same price with the same options.

-Branden

Old February 6th 06, 10:58 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Branden Nelsen" > wrote in message
> If I was you I would make them reorder the car WITH The Comfort Access
> since they cant add it like they said. If they cant then I would either
> require a large discount for their screw-up on a promise or force them to
> order an 07' at the same price with the same options.
>
> -Branden
>
> "Hanna" > wrote in message
>> Test drove a 06 530 and liked it so I told the dealer to order me one
>> with certain colors and options, and I told them i want comfort access
>> they said it can be activated after the car gets here when the car came
>> it had a key and no start button they said they could not activate the
>> option, any one knows if it is possible to install the start button on
>> the car so I can get the comfort access, and btw they did a
>> reprogramming on the car which took over 6 hours of download, and the
>> only change I noticed is the idrive menu appears automatically without
>> waiting for the accept command, appreciate any input
>> thanks

The 06 530i comes with a start button (at least here in the USA). If the
one they're giving you has a regular key that fits into the steering column,
you have an 04 or 05 model. See the pics on BMW's website,
http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/5/530xiSedan/gallery.htm .

Kyle.
98 740iL
01 525i

Comfort Access jerri BMW 9 November 30th 05 09:12 PM
2006 BMW 750 Comfort Access [email protected] BMW 0 October 16th 05 09:01 PM
Really Frustrated: Cannot Access PS Pump Bolt Julie P. Technology 7 September 26th 05 09:01 AM
Comfort access question Jeff Strickland BMW 2 January 14th 05 12:27 AM
Micra 89 access torque converter bolts. Paddy Technology 0 January 6th 05 03:35 PM