A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Jeep
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Engine stalling

Old January 10th 13, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]
external usenet poster

Default 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Engine stalling

DougW wrote:

> Get a better mechanic. ECU's just don't "go bad."
>
> First step: http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm
>
> - battery and battery connections
> - fuel filter (fuel starvation)
> - crankshaft position sensor (loss of signal)
> - fuel pump (volume and pessure check)
>
> Get the codes first.

Since there was some 'washing' going on, pay special attention to ground
points. I've had some systems which reacted to weather like an old man's
arthritis! The fact that it worked for a while then degraded suggests
corroded gound points or bad connectors.

--
Will Honea

Ads
Old January 11th 13, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I got another auto electrician he said he checked and discoverd that whenever the car stalls current is not been supplied to the coil on the plugs and when he has that kind of issue what he does is that he will change the ECU of the vehicle and reprogram the car to work with the new ECU.
Old January 11th 13, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I got another auto electrician he said he checked and discoverd that whenever the car stalls current is not been supplied to the coil on the plugs and when he has that kind of issue what he does is that he will change the ECU of the vehicle and reprogram the car to work with the new ECU.
Old February 3rd 13, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Please you will have to read a lenghty question.I went to where spare parts is been sold and was given a number to call I called the guy explained my situation to the guy he too said he has to change the ECU which he did I now scanned the car got P1698 P1391 but no P0725 which keep stalling the car but the car idles roughly.I checked what p1698 means discoverd that has to do with transmission the guy said we should check TCM fuse discoverd its blown replaced it back but car still idles rough so he changed fuel filter changed ignition coils and changed nuzzles car still idles roughly so he opened the air cleaner and used injector cleaner to clean what he called throttle position sensor and turned the black adjuster on it fit it back car still idles but on acceleration to like 3000 rpm smooths out I complained he said since the car still idles roghly he said he will open the top cylinder to check the valves cos if they are not sitting well the car will not idle well.so i told him to hold on drove the car around its more driveable so I scanned the car, each time I scan it gives me different codes but this are the codes p0205,p0123,p0352,p0354,p0357,p0186,p0765,c2459,p0 100,p0400,p0048,p1391 what can you advice cos I suspect the car is driveable because he adjusted the TPS what can be the effect of the TPS adjustment
Old February 3rd 13, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Please you will have to read a lenghty question.I went to where spare parts is been sold and was given a number to call I called the guy explained my situation to the guy he too said he has to change the ECU which he did I now scanned the car got P1698 P1391 but no P0725 which keep stalling the car but the car idles roughly.I checked what p1698 means discoverd that has to do with transmission the guy said we should check TCM fuse discoverd its blown replaced it back but car still idles rough so he changed fuel filter changed ignition coils and changed nuzzles car still idles roughly so he opened the air cleaner and used injector cleaner to clean what he called throttle position sensor and turned the black adjuster on it fit it back car still idles but on acceleration to like 3000 rpm smooths out I complained he said since the car still idles roghly he said he will open the top cylinder to check the valves cos if they are not sitting well the car will not idle well.so i told him to hold on drove the car around its more driveable so I scanned the car, each time I scan it gives me different codes but this are the codes p0205,p0123,p0352,p0354,p0357,p0186,p0765,c2459,p0 100,p0400,p0048,p1391 what can you advice cos I suspect the car is driveable because he adjusted the TPS what can be the effect of the TPS adjustment
Old February 5th 13, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
PeterD
external usenet poster

On 2/3/2013 5:59 PM, wrote:
> Please you will have to read a lenghty question.I went to where spare parts is been sold
>

Read and follow DougW's suggestion and find a mechanic who knows what
he/she is doing.

--
I'm never going to grow up.