2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Engine stalling

Old October 11th 12, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Default 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Engine stalling

wrote:
> DougW bro pls i tried the car again yesterday to find out if the
> problem has been corrected but the car went off after 45 mins and it
> refused to start again pls acn i have ur suggestion as to what i can
> do next? i will appriciate ur response

Pull the codes again.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm

Old October 11th 12, 09:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

ok i will get that across ASAP thanks

Old October 12th 12, 09:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

P0100,P0400,P0048 these are codes i saw when i check yesterday in the evening
Old October 12th 12, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

wrote:
> P0100,P0400,P0048 these are codes i saw when i check yesterday in the
> evening

First question. How old is the fuel filter? If it's clogged you can
get some of these errors.

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit
P0400 Diesel EGR System Failure
P0048 Turbo/Super Charger Boost Control Solenoid Circuit High

I don't have the book for your vehicle but find the
connection that runs to the mass air-flow circuit (usually
on the intake hose just behind the filter) and clean it with
some contact cleaner.

Possibly clean the sensor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd640ImE9Ec
Remember to let it air-dry. Don't wipe the wire or you can
break it.

Also find the connection to the boost solinoid and clean it as well.
Watch for any cuts or exposure of wires.

I did see one write up. Might be worth looking into.
This deals with an air filter for the boost control that can plug up.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...pic.php?t=3463

--
DougW

Old October 14th 12, 08:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bllsht[_2_]

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:37:50 -0500, "DougW"

>> P0100,P0400,P0048 these are codes i saw when i check yesterday in the
>> evening

>First question. How old is the fuel filter? If it's clogged you can
>get some of these errors.
>

>P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit
>P0400 Diesel EGR System Failure
>P0048 Turbo/Super Charger Boost Control Solenoid Circuit High
>
>I don't have the book for your vehicle but find the
>connection that runs to the mass air-flow circuit (usually
>on the intake hose just behind the filter) and clean it with
>some contact cleaner.
>
>Possibly clean the sensor.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd640ImE9Ec
>Remember to let it air-dry. Don't wipe the wire or you can
>break it.
>

>Also find the connection to the boost solinoid and clean it as well.
>Watch for any cuts or exposure of wires.
>
>I did see one write up. Might be worth looking into.
>This deals with an air filter for the boost control that can plug up.
>
>http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...pic.php?t=3463

Uh.... The Jeep 4.7L engine is a naturally aspirated, GASOLINE engine
using speed density fuel strategy. That means NO MAF sensor and NO
turbo/super charger.

Maybe he should figure out what he's working on first. If he's
getting diesel codes from a 4.7L engine controller, he either needs a
new engine controller, a new code reader, or a new pair of glasses.
Old October 22nd 12, 09:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Pls can i have urnumber so i can explain better
Old November 6th 12, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bllsht[_2_]

If you have a question, ask it here. I will do my best to answer. I
don't give out my number, sorry.

Old January 10th 13, 08:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

My automechnics washed nuzzles and changed plugs and the car was fine for like 2 weeks but the problem showed up again this time around both automechnics and autoelectrician agreed that I have to change ECU both am skeptical it might not solve the problem can I just give it a try ?
Old January 10th 13, 08:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Old January 10th 13, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

ejikoseun wrote:
> My automechnics washed nuzzles and changed plugs and the car was fine
> for like 2 weeks but the problem showed up again this time around
> both automechnics and autoelectrician agreed that I have to change
> ECU both am skeptical it might not solve the problem can I just give
> it a try ?

Get a better mechanic. ECU's just don't "go bad."

First step: http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm

- battery and battery connections
- fuel filter (fuel starvation)
- crankshaft position sensor (loss of signal)
- fuel pump (volume and pessure check)

Get the codes first.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://revbeergoggles.com
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks