Opinions?

Old July 10th 09, 05:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
NapalmHeart[_2_]

Default Opinions?

I have looked at an '82 CE. No longer a numbers matching car (not important to me), it has a
350/330 horse GM crate engine and a 700R4 crate transmission, both with about 4,000 miles on them.
It has a MI salvage title, but I've seen pictures and documentation that show that there was no
frame damage. It has a new exhaust system and new stainless brake calipers. Interior is in good
shape for a 28 year old car. New Goodyear Eagles on the CE wheels. 88,000 miles on odometer. I
can get it for $7200. Good deal or not?

--
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." -- Cornelius Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)

Old July 10th 09, 09:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
NapalmHeart[_2_]

"NapalmHeart" > wrote in message
news
>I have looked at an '82 CE. No longer a numbers matching car (not important to me), it has a
>350/330 horse GM crate engine and a 700R4 crate transmission, both with about 4,000 miles on them.
>It has a MI salvage title, but I've seen pictures and documentation that show that there was no
>frame damage. It has a new exhaust system and new stainless brake calipers. Interior is in good
>shape for a 28 year old car. New Goodyear Eagles on the CE wheels. 88,000 miles on odometer. I
>can get it for $7200. Good deal or not?

Also has a new set of Bilsteins.

KO

Old July 10th 09, 10:35 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
NapalmHeart[_2_]

"Speaker of the Truth" > wrote in message
> Wouldn't do it.
>
> 1) Salvage Title
> 2) Number don't match...is that important this year?
> 3) Rubber Bumper cars (74-82) don't have a lot of collectibility
> 4) 80-82 was one of the biggest wiring harness fiasco years. I know my 81 is
> a nightmare electrical system
>
> Save up a little more and get a 92-96. Much better car. Remember to tap out
> the drain hole on the water pump on those years and run a drain hose far
> away from the coil pack....

Thanks for your response.

Ken

Old July 10th 09, 11:08 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
NapalmHeart[_2_]

"NapalmHeart" > wrote in message
computertechnology...

> "Speaker of the Truth" > wrote in message
>> Wouldn't do it.
>>
>> 1) Salvage Title
>> 2) Number don't match...is that important this year?
>> 3) Rubber Bumper cars (74-82) don't have a lot of collectibility
>> 4) 80-82 was one of the biggest wiring harness fiasco years. I know my 81 is
>> a nightmare electrical system
>>
>> Save up a little more and get a 92-96. Much better car. Remember to tap out
>> the drain hole on the water pump on those years and run a drain hose far
>> away from the coil pack....
>>

> Thanks for your response.
>

> Ken

I really do want a C3.

KO

Old July 11th 09, 06:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Speaker of the Truth[_3_]

If you want a C3 then get as old a one as you can afford. Chrome bumpers are
the best. 75-82 were some of the worst Corvettes made of that style. Also
the 84-91 were ones not worth writing home about either. Rattle boxes with
leaks.

97 they started to get real good and fast too! starting in 97 they got rid
of the rattles, the leaks, they handle good and ride good too. Much better
value than same year Ferrari. Remeber the 2 happiest days in a Ferrari
owners life. The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Old July 11th 09, 07:35 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"NapalmHeart" > wrote in message

> I really do want a C3.

Then you can find better deals at that money. At least somehting with a
4-speed and hopefully chrome bumper too.

The '82 only has a "last of its kind" going for it. But overall it's
nothing special at all.

-W

Old July 11th 09, 07:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"NapalmHeart" > wrote in message

> I can get it for $7200. Good deal or not?

No, it's not a bad deal........ if you can live with an '82 CE. )

-W

Old July 11th 09, 02:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"Speaker of the Truth" > wrote in message
> If you want a C3 then get as old a one as you can afford. Chrome bumpers
> are
> the best. 75-82 were some of the worst Corvettes made of that style. Also
> the 84-91 were ones not worth writing home about either. Rattle boxes with
> leaks.

Wish I still had my 71 454 roadster with the 4spd. Even though they detuned
the engine in 71 (365 hp gross), the car had great torque and was quite
reliable and easy to keep up. Of course, like most Vettes of the time, when
you bought it you spent the first several months of ownership getting it
through final assembly at the dealer. But, once the new car bugs were
solved, mine was a great car.

> 97 they started to get real good and fast too! starting in 97 they got rid
> of the rattles, the leaks, they handle good and ride good too. Much better
> value than same year Ferrari. Remeber the 2 happiest days in a Ferrari
> owners life. The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

opinions on '99 GTI? Nate Nagel[_2_] VW water cooled 0 May 10th 09 12:08 AM
your opinions? [email protected] Honda 13 October 23rd 06 06:06 PM
A6 opinions? [email protected] Audi 9 November 15th 05 08:20 PM
VW looking for opinions. Bill Berckman VW air cooled 67 August 19th 05 04:06 PM
Need opinions ZRexRider Technology 8 January 7th 05 02:56 PM