WHL-360 access gets relaxed

Old February 7th 08, 03:41 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, ca.driving,ba.transportation
Carl Rogers

Default WHL-360 access gets relaxed

Hi Viatologists,

The Worldwide Highway Library introduced Hotlink Protection for its
videos and "WHL-360s" not so long ago. WHL-360s are basically full-
circle photographs using Quicktime compression. Our Hotlink
Protection mechanism is quintessentially academic; it allows general
users like yourself to view WHL media while mitigating unauthorised
access. As a result of our recent deployment, I came across an
interaction between the mechanism, Firefox and the Quicktime plugin.
The symptom involves a non-functional Quicktime window (signified by a
question-mark icon). There have been ~950 failed, legitimate attempts
to reach WHL-360s since this beginning of the month. Error code:
"HTTP 302".

(This whole situation rang a figurative bell over here today! Users
of Internet Explorer have not been affected by the issue.)

I've decided to relax Hotlink Protection against the Quicktime (MOV)
filetype. This filetype represented 10% of total bandwidth for the
month of January, and though we project linear growth for this
filetype this year, I don't see its growth as a bandwidth danger for
the forseeable future. We do apologise if you've been unable to view
WHL-360s from your Firefox browser recently. Today, the problem is
solved. That said, here is your second chance to see the California
68 presentation made not too long ago:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/ca-68v.html

Hotlink Protection does and remains enabled for our selection of WMV
videos. If you own your own website and wish to link to these media,
feel free to contact me regarding licensing information.

Thank you,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to transportology"
********
Calrog.com, Worldwide Highway Library:
http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in International Transportation Research. Has
served your home country and ninety-nine of its worldwide neighbours
since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********
Old February 7th 08, 03:54 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Luxury Yacht

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
> blah, blah, blah
>
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah..
> Charlie Brown teacher
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah. Error code:
> "HTTP 302".
>
>blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> Charlie Brown teacher
>
> I've decided to relax Hotlink Protection against the Quicktime (MOV)
> filetype. blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> Charlie Brown teacher
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> Charlie Brown teacher:
>
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.

Oh, WOW!!! That is SUCH a RELIEF!!! I can get on with my life now.

--
Don't forget to have your troll spayed or neutered

Old February 7th 08, 02:55 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Ron's Inspector's Inspector

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> I've decided to relax Hotlink Protection against the Quicktime (MOV)
> filetype.

I've decided not to care. Your QuickTime sucks, your site sucks, your
half-assed inability to keep away potential users suck, your prose sucks,
your apartment sucks, and you suck too.

Old February 7th 08, 06:25 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Geoff Miller

Luxury Yacht > writes:

> "Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
>> blah, blah, blah

>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah..
>> Charlie Brown teacher
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah. Error code:
>> "HTTP 302".

[...]

> Oh, WOW!!! That is SUCH a RELIEF!!! I can get on with my life now.

You guys are fighting below your weight class, and it reflects poorly
on you.

Why all the hostility? Yeah, I think Carl's obsession with highways
is a little weird too, but it's harmless enough. If you aren't
interested in his posts or the videos he posts links to, when not
just -- dare I say it? -- ignore them and get on with your lives?
Why the mob mentality and the urge to dogpile on the guy?

Or to put it another way: Grow the **** up, already.

Geoff

--
"I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years."
- Sam Kinison

Old February 7th 08, 06:31 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Ron's Inspector's Inspector

"Geoff Miller" > wrote in message
> Why all the hostility? Yeah, I think Carl's obsession with highways
> is a little weird too, but it's harmless enough. If you aren't
> interested in his posts or the videos he posts links to, when not
> just -- dare I say it? -- ignore them and get on with your lives?
> Why the mob mentality and the urge to dogpile on the guy?

Why not? Usenet performance art has been around as long as Usenet. Oh be
safe your virgin newsreader.

> Or to put it another way: Grow the **** up, already.

If you want to "grow the **** up," killfile Carl, filter anything with "WHL"
in the subject lines, and stop acting like you're the only grown-up in the
whole school. Try minding your own ****ing business -- Usenet isn't your
playground and you're not my mom, you arrogant ass-sniffer.

Old February 7th 08, 06:47 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Geoff Miller

Ron's Inspector's Inspector <get.lost@invalid> blathers:

> Why not? Usenet performance art has been around as long as
> Usenet. Oh be safe your virgin newsreader.

It isn't performance art. It's simple elementary-school-level
playground mob behavior, and you reveal yourself as a nosepicking
intellectual pre-pube by engaging in it.

: Or to put it another way: Grow the **** up, already.

> If you want to "grow the **** up," killfile Carl, filter anything
> with "WHL" in the subject lines, and stop acting like you're the
> only grown-up in the whole school.

Why shouldn't I act that way? By all indications, I clearly *am*
the only grown-up in the whole school. And somebody obviously
needs to step forward to keep you dumbasses in line. Pleased
t'meetchew, won't you guess my name?

My not using a killfile isn't the problem. Your idiocy is the
problem. If you took your attitude to any part of the civilized
world, the locals would entertain themselves by kicking your
pimply ass around the town square for three-quarters of an hour.

> Try minding your own ****ing business -- Usenet isn't your
> playground and you're not my mom, you arrogant ass-sniffer.

Oh, now *there's* an adult response. And such an awesome command
of the language. Bill Buckley and George F. Will have *nothing*
on the likes of you, by cracky.

Your mother must be very proud. Or no doubt would be, if she
weren't preoccupied with holding her ankles up behind her ears
for the benefit of the UPS man.

If it's posted in a public forum, that makes it my business, you
wheezing spud. And if you aren't strong enough to handle that,
and the criticism that comes with it, then get your intellectual
masturbation off of here and take it to email.

If that's too stressful for you to handle, you can always put a
gun in your mouth and paint the wall with what passes for your
brains.

Geoff

Old February 7th 08, 07:02 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
necromancer[_4_]

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 21:54:15 -0600, "Luxury Yacht"
> wrote:

>"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
>> blah, blah, blah
>>
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah..
>> Charlie Brown teacher
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah. Error code:
>> "HTTP 302".
>>
>>blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> Charlie Brown teacher
>>
>> I've decided to relax Hotlink Protection against the Quicktime (MOV)
>> filetype. blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> Charlie Brown teacher
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> Charlie Brown teacher:
>>
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>>
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>> blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
>>

>Oh, WOW!!! That is SUCH a RELIEF!!! I can get on with my life now.

I'm still not going to visit his site.

"Well, I really think he shatters the myth of
white supremacy once and for all."
--Rep Charles Rangel on Pres. W. Bush
Old February 7th 08, 07:20 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Ron's Inspector's Inspector

"Geoff Miller" > wrote in message
> If it's posted in a public forum, that makes it my business, you
> wheezing spud. And if you aren't strong enough to handle that,
> and the criticism that comes with it, then get your intellectual
> masturbation off of here and take it to email.

Gosh, aren't you just the cleverest. As it's a public forum, what gives you
the right to tell anyone to stop doing anything? If you're aggrandizing
yourself by pretending to be the only adult in the room, how is that
anything other than "intellectual masturbation?"

> If that's too stressful for you to handle, you can always put a
> gun in your mouth and paint the wall with what passes for your
> brains.

Wow. You just bowl me over with your witticisms. Please explain why you
shouldn't be invited to do the same since Usenet is just too stressful for
your matured mind to deal with.

You want to talk about fighting below my weight class? You're a
pretentious, stupid, blowsy, hypocritical wanna-be johnny-come-lately who
thinks "wheezing spud" is clever and suggesting that I give oral
gratification to a firearm is somehow hurtful. You want to put yourself
over as mature? Killfile me and move on. You want to prove that you're not
nearly as smart as you think you are? Keep trying to win a flamewar with
me. I get more intelligent things than you in my junk mail. I've seen
wittier statements than yours on traffic signs. The kid on the short bus
that the other kids pick on is more clued up to how life works than you are,
and what's more, he at least knows enough to quiet down when someone slaps
him. Use your faux indignation for something infinitely more productive;
for example, why not save the Earth -- go down to the local biker bar and
suggest the Hell's Angels trade their bikes for Priuses. Now, see how much
smarter my suicide suggestion was than yours? That's what happens when you
take on someone who isn't in your weight class. Now, sit down, shut up,
exercise your killfile, and be wary of approaching Carl's signal-to-noise
ratio, lest you attract any more of my attention.

PS Setting follow-ups to misc.test is lame. And you bungled the Kinison
quote in your .sig. Try again, n00b.

Old February 7th 08, 08:47 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Geoff Miller

Ron's Inspector's Inspector <get.lost@invalid> writes:

> Gosh, aren't you just the cleverest.

Absolutely. And it's to you credit that you recognize that.

That's one thing you have going for you, even if you haven't
much more cerebral horsepower than is required to take care of
basic biological housekeeping functions. Does your vision gray
out for a moment when you fart? Do you forget your name when
the doorbell rings?

Hey! Take your hand out of your pants and pay attention. I'm
talking to *you,* numbnuts.

> As it's a public forum, what gives you the right to tell anyone
> to stop doing anything?

What gives me the right to do it is the fact that I'm a member of
this 'ere virtual community, and the direction in which it goes
is the resultant of all the vectors contributed by all the par-
ticipants who feel like speaking up.

What that means, in language a beetle-brow such as yourself might
have an easier time understanding, is that my say counts for just
as much as anybody else's. Even yours. And if you don't like that,
then feel free to go forth and suck horsebutt. (Maybe I'll start
calling you "Kissably Fresh.")

> If you're aggrandizing yourself by pretending to be the only adult
> in the room, how is that anything other than "intellectual mastur-
> bation?"

Um, because it's true. I find that always counts for a lot, don't
you?

: If that's too stressful for you to handle, you can always put a
: gun in your mouth and paint the wall with what passes for your
: brains.

> Wow. You just bowl me over with your witticisms.

That's to be expected. You're way out of your depth with me.
Of course, from what I've seen, pindick, you'd be out of your
depth anyplace the goddam sidewalk was wet.

> Please explain why you shouldn't be invited to do the same since
> Usenet is just too stressful for your matured mind to deal with.

Since I'm in fact still here, wouldn't you say that it's a bit
silly to suggest that Usenet is too stressful for me to deal with?

> You want to talk about fighting below my weight class? You're a
> pretentious, stupid, blowsy, hypocritical wanna-be johnny-come-
> lately who thinks "wheezing spud" is clever and suggesting that
> I give oral gratification to a firearm is somehow hurtful. You
> want to put yourself over as mature? Killfile me and move on.
> You want to prove that you're not nearly as smart as you think you
> are? Keep trying to win a flamewar with me. I get more intelligent
> things than you in my junk mail. I've seen wittier statements than
> yours on traffic signs. The kid on the short bus that the other kids
> pick on is more clued up to how life works than you are, and what's
> more, he at least knows enough to quiet down when someone slaps him.
> Use your faux indignation for something infinitely more productive;
> for example, why not save the Earth -- go down to the local biker bar
> and suggest the Hell's Angels trade their bikes for Priuses. Now,
> see how much smarter my suicide suggestion was than yours? That's
> what happens when you take on someone who isn't in your weight class.
> Now, sit down, shut up, exercise your killfile, and be wary of
> approaching Carl's signal-to-noise ratio, lest you attract any more
> of my attention.

Oh, dear me. I certainly wouldn't want to do that. What a scary man.
What a scary, scary man.

*chuckle* You puling little jackoff...

You clearly have delusions of adequacy. Maybe next year, in fourth
grade, you'll learn about the use of paragraphs. If you don't get
****canned right back into third grade again, that is. Which, it's
plain to see, is a real possibility.

So you think that calling someone "stupid" is hurtful? And speaking
of being a "blowhard," you think that trying to scare them off with
lots 'n' lots of angry text (why, you even mentioned the Hell's Angels!)
is a substitute for a cogent (look it up) riposte? Don't waste my time,
punk. If I decide I want any comeback from you, I'll scrape the back of
your friggin' throat.

> PS Setting follow-ups to misc.test is lame.

Why would that be? It got you to waste a few keystrokes, didn't it?
I'd say I definitely came out ahead in that one. If you had half a
brain, you wouldn't even have mentioned it. But you stepped on your
crank. With track shoes. Damn, that's got to hurt.

> And you bungled the Kinison quote in your .sig. Try again, n00b.

"n00b?" HAHAHAHA! I've been posting to both of these newsgroups
since 1989, you wittering jackass. You?

Now run along and have a wank, won't you? The Big People are trying
to carry on an intelligent conversation, and you're getting underfoot.

Geoff

Old February 7th 08, 09:27 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Ron's Inspector's Inspector

"Geoff Miller" > wrote in message

> Absolutely
> I'm
> beetle-brow
> free
> of
> real
> intelligent conversation

I took out all of the dick jokes, fart jokes, scatological references, and
insults lifted from Mad Magazine. Next time pretend you're a grown-up when
you type, and I'll pretend I care. Run along.

A4 Seatback Access? (attempting to access power lumbar assembly) Jameson Fernandez Castillo-Saguarez Audi 0 December 11th 06 02:13 AM
Gasoline Access Pop Technology 5 May 16th 06 09:22 PM
530 comfort access Hanna BMW 2 February 6th 06 10:58 PM
Comfort Access jerri BMW 9 November 30th 05 09:12 PM
How to access these lamps ? zoti Ford Explorer 2 December 7th 04 03:21 PM