GPS Coordinates

Old January 14th 05, 04:17 PM
Keith

Default GPS Coordinates

Hello,

Looking for GPS coordinates for off road trails in Calif. & Arizona. Can
someone point me in the right direction?

Keith

Old January 14th 05, 04:29 PM
Mike Romain

I hope not.

We were out in the Canadian Bush and a bunch of armed drunks from the
local hunt camps stopped by our campsite and were dangerously incensed
when they found out we communicated via the internet. They were told a
local 4x4 group posted GPS trail info and were properly worried about
their cabins getting vandalized.

It was almost open season on Jeeps that day and almost came to the point
of someone having to go for the police.

The real sad part is they were right. That camp area 25 miles from the
nearest house is now not useable due to all the city yahoos that now
have directions. Garbage, broken glass, insane parties all night that
we can hear from 2 lakes away, etc....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 14th 05, 04:53 PM
Keith

Pick up your trash the next time you're there!

Keith

Old January 14th 05, 05:13 PM
Mike Romain

???????

I really do hope no one gives you any directions with your obvious
antagonistic attitude. I certainly wouldn't want someone with 'tude
like you appear to have along on our runs.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 14th 05, 06:34 PM
Will

> I really do hope no one gives you any directions with your obvious
> antagonistic attitude. I certainly wouldn't want someone with 'tude
> like you appear to have along on our runs.
>
> Mike

Any of course, having such a lengthy conversation with Keith online, not
answereing his question or helping him any by the way, you are justified in
assuming that you a better, more responsible person than him and you should
be allowed on the trails while he should not. I'll admit that it is a shame
what happens to a lot of good spots when they become too well known, but
just because someone doesn't like you implying that they are irresponsible
doesn't mean you should insult them further. Just my opinion, at least. And
not that my opinion really has anything to do with 4x4's...

-Will

Old January 14th 05, 07:35 PM
Mike Romain

Will wrote:

> > I really do hope no one gives you any directions with your obvious
> > antagonistic attitude. I certainly wouldn't want someone with 'tude
> > like you appear to have along on our runs.
> >
> > Mike

> Any of course, having such a lengthy conversation with Keith online, not
> answereing his question or helping him any by the way, you are justified in
> assuming that you a better, more responsible person than him and you should
> be allowed on the trails while he should not. I'll admit that it is a shame
> what happens to a lot of good spots when they become too well known, but
> just because someone doesn't like you implying that they are irresponsible
> doesn't mean you should insult them further. Just my opinion, at least. And
> not that my opinion really has anything to do with 4x4's...
>
> -Will

You are right of course, I shouldn't have let 'him' saying or implying I
was irresponsible in the back country goad me into being a smart ass.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Old January 14th 05, 09:31 PM
Mike Romain

After reading that again, I am sorry if you took it personally like
someone else implied, it was a rant about how GPS internet (read public)
information shouldn't be posted for all and everyone to have access.
Someone could get killed over it in many backwoods areas. They even are
armed in Canada, let alone the US eh.

If you thought it was me attacking your leaving garbage around, sorry
but I don't know you, so I can't make that call.

Mike