Fuel pump location on a '78 cabriolet?

Old January 19th 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
RHF[_2_]

Default Fuel pump location on a '78 cabriolet?

For over 32 years my '78 fuel injected cabriolet has never failed to
start until it sat in storage this winter. Normally I start it at
least once a month and let it run a bit just to circulate the oil.
The spark seems healthy so I suspect the fuel pump. After sitting for
week or so all I hear when turn on the ignition without cranking is a
single click in the rear of the car, a relay perhaps? Its obvious
that the pump is not immersed in the fuel take. Two questions,
shouldn't there be at least a few clicks from the pump and where would
I find the pump?
Old January 24th 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Connolly

On Jan 18, 7:57*pm, RHF > wrote:
Double Relay is behind the rear seat. The fuel pump is inside the
front right wheelwell.

Old January 26th 11, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John J Stafford

In article
John Connolly > wrote:

> On Jan 18, 7:57*pm, RHF > wrote:
> Double Relay is behind the rear seat. The fuel pump is inside the
> front right wheelwell.

It is good that you are contributing again, John.