sorry for my english

Old March 21st 05, 10:30 AM
Jean-Luc

Default sorry for my english

sur mon vieux transporteur (3ieme moteur, le dernier en 2L) ,le niveau
d'huile
augumente lors de parking longue durée, dilution par de l'essence sans aucun
doute (maxi de jauge d'huile+3cm) que reprocher à la pompe , au controle du
niveau de cuve des carbus, à la mise à l'air du reservoir.
merci de votre aide, je suis plus entouré de marchands que de passionnés
expérimentés

Old March 21st 05, 02:06 PM
Remco

Loose translation since it has been a while I've used French:

He's saying that his "transporteur" (not sure what this is -- maybe a
bus?) on the third motor (a 2 liter) the oil level appears to have been
added to by 3 cm when it has been parked for a long time. It looks like
it has been diluted by something.

(maybe the gas pump leaking somehow into the block, but this is my
assumption?)

He appreciates any help as he's surrounded by repair shops, not
hobbiests.

I could loosely translate your responses back to French.
Remco

SVP, Je pourrais traduire des r=E9ponses toutes le monde pour vous,
Jean-Luc

Old March 21st 05, 03:01 PM
Speedy Jim

Remco wrote:
> Loose translation since it has been a while I've used French:
>
> He's saying that his "transporteur" (not sure what this is -- maybe a
> bus?) on the third motor (a 2 liter) the oil level appears to have been
> added to by 3 cm when it has been parked for a long time. It looks like
> it has been diluted by something.
>
> (maybe the gas pump leaking somehow into the block, but this is my
> assumption?)
>
> He appreciates any help as he's surrounded by repair shops, not
> hobbiests.
>
> I could loosely translate your responses back to French.
> Remco
>
> SVP, Je pourrais traduire des réponses toutes le monde pour vous,
> Jean-Luc

Yes, could be fuel pump leaking (diaphragm).
Could also be carb flooding and dripping down into manifold.
(Assume he doesn't have FI)

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old March 21st 05, 03:02 PM
Jan Andersson

Remco wrote:

> Loose translation since it has been a while I've used French:
>
> He's saying that his "transporteur" (not sure what this is -- maybe a
> bus?) on the third motor (a 2 liter) the oil level appears to have been
> added to by 3 cm when it has been parked for a long time. It looks like
> it has been diluted by something.
>
> (maybe the gas pump leaking somehow into the block, but this is my
> assumption?)
>
> He appreciates any help as he's surrounded by repair shops, not
> hobbiests.
>
> I could loosely translate your responses back to French.
> Remco
>
> SVP, Je pourrais traduire des réponses toutes le monde pour vous,
> Jean-Luc

Replace fuel pump and it's gasket.

jan
Old March 21st 05, 05:23 PM
Remco

Pardonnez-moi l'abattage de votre langue

Je suppose que vous n'avez pas l'injection de carburant ?

Votre probl=E8me a pu =EAtre la pompe d'essence ou la garniture.
Peut-=EAtre le carborator est inond=E9 et vidange dans "the manifold" (la
tubulure, en fran=E7ais? Je ne suis pas s=FBr)

Jim et Jan.
(Remco seulement traduit ceci)

(It has been a while since I've used my French so that was fun. I hope
the technical terms translate correctly -- sometimes literal
translation works in that it can be understood but may not be at all
how they express it

Old March 21st 05, 05:30 PM
Jan Andersson

Remco wrote:

> Pardonnez-moi l'abattage de votre langue
>
> Je suppose que vous n'avez pas l'injection de carburant ?
>
> Votre problème a pu être la pompe d'essence ou la garniture.
> Peut-être le carborator est inondé et vidange dans "the manifold" (la
> tubulure, en français? Je ne suis pas sûr)
>
> Jim et Jan.
> (Remco seulement traduit ceci)
>
> (It has been a while since I've used my French so that was fun. I hope
> the technical terms translate correctly -- sometimes literal
> translation works in that it can be understood but may not be at all
> how they express it

I took 2 years in junior high

Jan
Old March 21st 05, 05:41 PM
Jan Andersson

Michael Cecil wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:30:22 +0200, Jan Andersson >
> wrote:
>
> >Remco wrote:
> >>
> >> Pardonnez-moi l'abattage de votre langue
> >>
> >> Je suppose que vous n'avez pas l'injection de carburant ?
> >>
> >> Votre problème a pu être la pompe d'essence ou la garniture.
> >> Peut-être le carborator est inondé et vidange dans "the manifold" (la
> >> tubulure, en français? Je ne suis pas sûr)
> >>
> >> Jim et Jan.
> >> (Remco seulement traduit ceci)
> >>
> >> (It has been a while since I've used my French so that was fun. I hope
> >> the technical terms translate correctly -- sometimes literal
> >> translation works in that it can be understood but may not be at all
> >> how they express it

> >I took 2 years in junior high

> I bet they didn't cover much car part nomenclature.

I dunno, they might have. I wasn't paying attention to the teacher 100%.
2 guys, two dozen girls in the class
I did get good grades though.

Jan
Old March 21st 05, 06:32 PM
Remco

Nah, they didn't cover technical terms where I went either and had it
for years.

They bored us to tears in French with details you'd never need - like
how to order bread in a store, get a train ticket, ask for the time,
hail a cab, etc. Last time I was in Paris, I found I was better of just
grunting and pointing:

Once they figure out you know a mouthful of French, you'll very quickly
find out you don't know the language at all.

Don't feel bad, though -- most foreigners feel the same about English
when they visit the US and hear the crazy idioms.

Old March 22nd 05, 12:15 AM
Erik Dillenkofer

Crazy idioms ... or crazy idiots?

Just checking in case it was a typo :-)

Old March 22nd 05, 02:32 AM
Remco

"Crazy idioms" is what I had in mind but I see how your way works too