Traffic deaths at lowest in 60 years

Old September 9th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year

Default Traffic deaths at lowest in 60 years

Great news but still a long ways to go. Reckless driving is by far
the biggest crime problem in america.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ths09_ST_N.htm

Traffic deaths at lowest in 60 years
Updated 4h 38m ago | Comments 90 | Recommend 7 E-mail | Save | Print
| Reprints & Permissions |

Source: U.S. Department of Transportation

By Larry Copeland, USA TODAY

Traffic deaths in the USA are at a 60-year low despite a slight uptick
in miles driven, and the chances of dying on the road are the lowest
ever, the Department of Transportation says.
The number of people who died on the nation's roads fell 3,615, or
9.7%, from 2008 to 33,808 last year, the latest available data from
the department. That was the lowest total since 33,186 people were
killed in 1950, when there were one-fifth the number of vehicles on
the road than today.

"This is unprecedented, historic progress," says Barbara Harsha,
executive director of the Governors Highway Safety Association, which
has traffic safety offices in the states.

Harsha attributes the decline in deaths to a number of safety-related
factors, including increased seat belt use, stronger enforcement of
drunken-driving laws, improved roads, safer vehicles and better
coordination in the states.

The motor vehicle fatality rate — the number of deaths per 100 million
miles traveled — is the lowest ever: 1.13 deaths in 2009, down from
1.26 in 2008, DOT says, even as Americans were driving 0.2% more than
in 2008.

Old September 9th 10, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer - ECHM[_5_]

S4B spewed:

>Reckless driving is by far the biggest crime problem in
>america.

They really should make LLB a capital offense.

--

Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS (a.k.a SFB)
scores an own goal:

"All drivers are idiots and psychopaths."
--Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS
6/27/09

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/kpvqa6
Msg ID:
Old September 9th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc

On Sep 9, 1:05*pm, Tag Heuer > wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:29:04 -0700 (PDT), "Criminal Drivers Murder
> 40,000 Americans a Year" > wrote:
>
> >Great news but still a long ways to go. *Reckless driving is by far
> >the biggest crime problem in america.

> How about those who like to drive with their Pugs or Chihuahuas
> scampering back and forth on their back and dashboard, or with St.
> Bernard sitting on their laps while driving?

Yeah - there is still plenty of craziness on the highways and the
guilty don't even realize or care they are endangering others.
Old September 10th 10, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc
necromancer[_7_]

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 17:10:23 -0700, Tag Heuer
> wrote:

>Not to mention shaving, putting on mascara & lipstick, reading the
>paper or document, or some obese Jabba the Hutt in a late model bald
>tires, severely dented, with bumper bouncing up and down about to come
>off (no, really I saw this) late model pickup doing 45-50 mph in the
>fast lane, on the highway, while shoving a Big Mac, fries, and who
>knows what, down its gullet.

And probablly had malfunctioning brakes, too...

--
Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS admits to driving its beater with faulty brakes:

"Hey stupid - I've tried to fix it and i can't. The cable adjusting
nuts are rusted solid."
--Laura Bush - Vehicular Homicide (a.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her
boyfriend, Pride of America, aunt millie and Judy Dairya,
among others. See: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj),
6 Apr 2005 11:05:54 -0700
Ref:
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/8exv3
Old September 10th 10, 06:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Ray Fischer

Criminal > wrote:

>Great news but still a long ways to go. Reckless driving is by far
>the biggest crime problem in america.

You're crazy.

--
Ray Fischer

Old September 10th 10, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

On Sep 9, 11:51*pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> Criminal > wrote:
>
> >Great news but still a long ways to go. *Reckless driving is by far
> >the biggest crime problem in america.

> You're crazy.
>
> --
> Ray Fischer * * * *
> *

HAHAHA. Brilliant "argument". I love watching you go ballistic.
Old September 10th 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Mick[_3_]

On Sep 10, 1:51*am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> Criminal > wrote:
>
> >Great news but still a long ways to go. *Reckless driving is by far
> >the biggest crime problem in america.

> You're crazy.

One of those times where you are both right.
Old September 11th 10, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Ray Fischer

Drunk > wrote:
> (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> Criminal > wrote:
>>
>> >Great news but still a long ways to go. *Reckless driving is by far
>> >the biggest crime problem in america.

>> You're crazy.

>HAHAHA. Brilliant "argument". I love watching you go ballistic.

I don't waste time with nazi scum.

People are calling for kicking out muslims and that's fine with me but
the Jooz are worse. They have their own country, Israel, and that's
where their allegiance lies. To a joo, america is just a tool for
helping israel.
Drunk in >
--
Ray Fischer