Madza - lost of power when fuel tank below half

Old May 15th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Madza - lost of power when fuel tank below half

Hello,

I notice last summer something strange about my car. I own a Mazda 626
Cronos 1994 4 cyl. auto.

When the gaz tank is half full or less and that I take a rapid turn ( like
a highway ramp at important speed ( above 60 km/h ) my RPM just fall down
and it seems like there is no more fuel going to the engine. The engine
didn't stall but it came close each time it happen. When this is happing,
the car loose speed and it seem the centrifugal force, being less
important, the fuel return back to the engine and the power came back
again. If the fuel tank is full or above the half level, it never did
that. I replace the fuel filter, thinking it could be the problem, but
the problem still happen ( seem to happen less often though ) Can it be
the fuel pump ou something loosen in the fuel tank ? What are you
thinking of that ? Thanks for your help and opinion. Chrysof that ?
Thanks for your help and opinion. Chrys

Old May 15th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Is there any difference between a tight right and left turn?

Possible sources of problem
Fuel pump
Fuel tank baffle (Loose,etc.)
Pressure relief valve in fuel tank stuck open
Loose electrical connection to fuel pump.
Crud in bottom of tank.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old May 16th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Chuck's got this one nailed. Basically keep giving particulars and we
should be able to cross off possibilities from Chuck's list. Helluva
problem to have, never heard of that one before!

Best of luck...

Also, is there any difference between doing it on an offramp or an
onramp (uphill vs downhill, accellerating vs.braking?)

Anyone know the design of Mazda's fuel tanks to help out a little more
knowledgeably?

-r0ll
(Hey, first post, also a miata.net junkie.)

My cj7 will not start wrench Jeep 13 December 19th 05 03:06 PM
jetta fuel tank question Dino VW water cooled 3 July 18th 05 05:15 PM
warman i am surprised you mix oil [email protected] Ford Mustang 5 May 8th 05 04:04 AM
DaimlerChrysler Commits Over $70 Million to Fuel Cell Shrike Dodge 0 March 30th 05 09:03 PM
In-the-tank fuel pumps cause death and destruction Silver Surfer Chrysler 293 November 7th 04 04:41 PM