Leaf spring centering pins

Old February 21st 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Leaf spring centering pins

WHen I did my 2.5 RE lift on my YJ I added shims to the rear. The shims
had holes in them.
When you add shims do you need to use longer leaf centering pins so the
pins go through the shim and into the spring plate?

I going higher soon and want to insure I install the new springs and
shims correctly.

Old February 21st 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yes you need that pin to tag the plate. I have seen spring packs move
out of place.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old February 21st 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Usually the stock spring pin is long enough to go through the wedge
into the axle perch. If it's not make a longer spring clamp bolt to do
that, because there's absolutely no way you could clamp it with the U
bolts to keep from sliding:
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Par...ng-blocks.html
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 22nd 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks Guys

Old February 22nd 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Ufatbastehd:

Rubicon Express should have sent a set of center pins with the new springs.
If not, give them a call. They sell 5/16" and 3/8" sets that are longer
than needed and you cut off the excess after the install:
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynami...p?folderid=229

Or you might be able to find them at a local suspension shop.

Terry
92YJ
RE1455s front & rear

ups.com...