Black driver in deadly hit-and-run crash says 'accidents happen,' and 'people hit and run people all the time'

Old June 10th 18, 06:20 AM posted to alt.society.liberalism, rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.african.american, misc.survivalism, sac.politics
Chuck Sharpton

Default Black driver in deadly hit-and-run crash says 'accidents happen,' and 'people hit and run people all the time'

A driver who was arrested Wednesday after a deadly hit-and-run
crash in Boston made no apologies before he was taken into
custody, saying it was just an "unfortunate situation."

The Boston Police Department said in a news release Phocian
Fitts, 23, of Brighton, Mass. was arrested on charges of motor
vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of an accident after
causing death.

The crash happened around 12:50 p.m. on Commonwealth Avenue,
where police said that Fitts struck the victim, a man in his
80's, and then kept driving. Police took Fitts in for
questioning sometime after the crash but was released.

The victim’s name has not been released.

Hours later, Boston 25 News reporter Drew Karedes found Fitts,
who confessed on camera to leaving the scene of the crash after
striking the man.

"I was listening to my music and as I was driving I was driving
too quick, I was driving too quick to the point where I couldn’t
really stop and it was a green light," Fitts told Boston 25
News. "As the guy was walking, the light was green, I’m driving
and pressing the horn, pressing the horn beep beep, it was
either I was going to die and crash into a pole. When it came
down to it accidents happen."

The 23-year-old told Boston 25 in the exclusive interview that
he is not "stone-cold killer."

"I didn't do nothing on purpose," he told the television
station. "People hit and run people all the time, it just
happened to be an unfortunate situation where I was driving."

Fitts spoke to Boston 25 News still wearing the disposable suit
given to him during police questioning after his clothes were
seized as potential evidence. The news station reported that
police did not have enough evidence to arrest Fitts initially
until he spoke to the Boston 25 reporter.

When asked if he should have stopped after striking the man,
Fitts stood by his decision.

"First off, I was scared and worried because I didn't know what
can happen, that's why I left I said God forbid, I hope he's
OK," he told Boston 25. "I'm a real gangster, I'm a real
gangster not in a bad way. I’m a gangster because I help out the
community and I look out for the youth. I know that’s why
everybody got my back, my family. I'm not scared. It is what it
is."

Boston Police said they are reviewing area surveillance video to
check the green light, and are asking anyone who witnessed the
crash to contact them.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/07...eadly-hit-and-
run-crash-says-accidents-happen-and-people-hit-and-run-people-
all-time.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obn etwork

Old June 10th 18, 04:56 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.african.american,misc.survivalism,sac.politics
Byker

"Chuck Sharpton" wrote in message

> "I didn't do nothing on purpose," he told the television station. "People
> hit and run people all the time

Yup. It's an everyday occurrence in ghettoland. TNB.

At least this driver was compassionate by putting the dindu out his misery:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9kP0k_1525534353