Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists discover| Mail Online

Old July 8th 11, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
LilAbner[_2_]

Default Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists discover| Mail Online

There use to be a Law that a husband had to walk in front of the car
waving a red handkerchief or flag when the wife drove.
Perhaps we should bring it back? It's ok the wife is in the den and
all the knives are in the dishwasher.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-discover.html

Old July 9th 11, 09:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

"LilAbner" > wrote in message
> There use to be a Law that a husband had to walk in front of the car
> waving a red handkerchief or flag when the wife drove.
> Perhaps we should bring it back? It's ok the wife is in the den and
> all the knives are in the dishwasher.

Women drivers always have that Drivers Ed two hand death grip on the
steering wheel.
----------------------
Lic driver circa 1968

Old July 9th 11, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

"Nick Naim" > wrote in
m:

> "LilAbner" > wrote in message
>> There use to be a Law that a husband had to walk in front of the car
>> waving a red handkerchief or flag when the wife drove.
>> Perhaps we should bring it back? It's ok the wife is in the den
>> and all the knives are in the dishwasher.

> Women drivers always have that Drivers Ed two hand death grip on the
> steering wheel.

NOT since the advent of the cellphone...
now,you're lucky if they have even ONE hand on the wheel.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 11th 11, 12:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
C. E. White[_2_]

"LilAbner" > wrote in message
> There use to be a Law that a husband had to walk in front of the car
> waving a red handkerchief or flag when the wife drove.
> Perhaps we should bring it back? It's ok the wife is in the den and
> all the knives are in the dishwasher.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-discover.html

Interesting article, but I wonder if they factored in the relative driving
environments? While I suppose men may drive significantly more miles than
women, where those miles are driven is an important factor. In general I
would think men drive many more miles on relatively safe highways, while
women tend to drive more miles on local streets where low speed collisions
at interesections are much more common.

Ed

Old July 15th 11, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

"Jim Yanik" > wrote in message
4...
> "Nick Naim" > wrote in
> m:
>

>> "LilAbner" > wrote in message
>>> There use to be a Law that a husband had to walk in front of the car
>>> waving a red handkerchief or flag when the wife drove.
>>> Perhaps we should bring it back? It's ok the wife is in the den
>>> and all the knives are in the dishwasher.

>> Women drivers always have that Drivers Ed two hand death grip on the
>> steering wheel.

> NOT since the advent of the cellphone...
> now,you're lucky if they have even ONE hand on the wheel.

How right you are.
The female default death grip sans cell phone is the 10 and 2.

Old July 15th 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
The Real Bev[_5_]

On 07/14/11 22:40, Nick Naim wrote:

>> Somebody wrote:
>>
>>> Women drivers always have that Drivers Ed two hand death grip on the
>>> steering wheel.

>> NOT since the advent of the cellphone...
>> now,you're lucky if they have even ONE hand on the wheel.

> How right you are.
> The female default death grip sans cell phone is the 10 and 2.

I have to wonder why this is so contemptible...

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old July 17th 11, 08:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

"The Real Bev" > wrote in message

>>> NOT since the advent of the cellphone...
>>> now,you're lucky if they have even ONE hand on the wheel.

>> How right you are.
>> The female default death grip sans cell phone is the 10 and 2.

The 10 and 2 will put a driver to sleep in a heart beat
The 10 and 2 wheel driver will wreck out into the woods or pole or tree to
avoid a deer dog cat ect.
Lic Driver Circa 1968

Old July 17th 11, 08:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

Old July 18th 11, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K