Husband of Wrong-Way Driver who killed 7 Says She Didn't Drink - Cops say she was loaded

Old August 7th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Husband of Wrong-Way Driver who killed 7 Says She Didn't Drink - Cops say she was loaded

Translation - he's ****ing himself with worry over lawsuits.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8268313&page=1

Husband of Wrong-Way Driver Says She Didn't Drink
Dan Schuler Says Wife Was 'Perfect,' May Have Had Stroke

Aug. 6, 2009

The husband of the woman who police say killed eight people by driving
drunk and stoned the wrong way on a New York highway insisted today the
toxicology reports cannot be correct.

"My heart is at rest every night I go to bed. She did not drink," Daniel
Schuler told a news conference 11 days after the horrific crash on the
Taconic State Parkway.

Schuler's wife, Diane, is blamed for the July 26 head-on collision that
killed her daughter and three of her nieces when she plowed into an SUV.
Three men in the SUV also died. The only person to survive was Schuler's
5-year-old son.

A police toxicology report released this week concluded that Schuler had
the equivalent of 10 drinks still in her stomach and had consumed a high
amount of marijuana.

"No way, it can't be true," said Diane Schuler's sister-in-law Joy
Schuler at the news conference. "There is no way she would ever
jeopardize the children."

Schuler's husband said he never once saw his 36-year-old wife drunk since
he met her.

"She did not drink. She was not an alcoholic," he insisted. "Something
medically had to have happened."

"She was the perfect wife, an outstanding mother, hard worker, reliable
person, trustworthy. I'd marry her again tomorrow," Daniel Schuler said
while trying to hold back tears.

Dominic Barbara, a lawyer for the Schuler family, said Diane Schuler was
diabetic and suggested that may have contributed to her disoriented
condition that morning. He also suggested that Schuler may have suffered
a stroke.

(snip)
Old August 7th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Ted \I survived Chappaquiddick\ Kennedy

On Aug 6, 11:53*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> Translation - he's ****ing himself with worry over lawsuits.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8268313&page=1
>
> Husband of Wrong-Way Driver Says She Didn't Drink
> Dan Schuler Says Wife Was 'Perfect,' May Have Had Stroke
>
> Aug. 6, 2009
>
> The husband of the woman who police say killed eight people by driving
> drunk and stoned the wrong way on a New York highway insisted today the
> toxicology reports cannot be correct.
>
> "My heart is at rest every night I go to bed. She did not drink," Daniel
> Schuler told a news conference 11 days after the horrific crash on the
> Taconic State Parkway.
>
> Schuler's wife, Diane, is blamed for the July 26 head-on collision that
> killed her daughter and three of her nieces when she plowed into an SUV.
> Three men in the SUV also died. The only person to survive was Schuler's
> 5-year-old son.
>
> A police toxicology report released this week concluded that Schuler had
> the equivalent of 10 drinks still in her stomach and had consumed a high
> amount of marijuana.
>
> "No way, it can't be true," said Diane Schuler's sister-in-law Joy
> Schuler at the news conference. "There is no way she would ever
> jeopardize the children."
>
> Schuler's husband said he never once saw his 36-year-old wife drunk since
> he met her.
>
> "She did not drink. She was not an alcoholic," he insisted. "Something
> medically had to have happened."
>
> "She was the perfect wife, an outstanding mother, hard worker, reliable
> person, trustworthy. I'd marry her again tomorrow," Daniel Schuler said
> while trying to hold back tears.
>
> Dominic Barbara, a lawyer for the Schuler family, said Diane Schuler was
> diabetic and suggested that may have contributed to her disoriented
> condition that morning. He also suggested that Schuler may have suffered
> a stroke.
>
> (snip)

Thanks for posting proof.

Old August 9th 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
jerry warner[_5_]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> Translation - he's ****ing himself with worry over lawsuits.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8268313&page=1
>
> Husband of Wrong-Way Driver Says She Didn't Drink
> Dan Schuler Says Wife Was 'Perfect,' May Have Had Stroke
>
> Aug. 6, 2009
>
> The husband of the woman who police say killed eight people by driving
> drunk and stoned the wrong way on a New York highway insisted today the
> toxicology reports cannot be correct.
>
> "My heart is at rest every night I go to bed. She did not drink," Daniel
> Schuler told a news conference 11 days after the horrific crash on the
> Taconic State Parkway.
>
> Schuler's wife, Diane, is blamed for the July 26 head-on collision that
> killed her daughter and three of her nieces when she plowed into an SUV.
> Three men in the SUV also died. The only person to survive was Schuler's
> 5-year-old son.
>
> A police toxicology report released this week concluded that Schuler had
> the equivalent of 10 drinks still in her stomach and had consumed a high
> amount of marijuana.
>
> "No way, it can't be true," said Diane Schuler's sister-in-law Joy
> Schuler at the news conference. "There is no way she would ever
> jeopardize the children."
>
> Schuler's husband said he never once saw his 36-year-old wife drunk since
> he met her.
>
> "She did not drink. She was not an alcoholic," he insisted. "Something
> medically had to have happened."
>
> "She was the perfect wife, an outstanding mother, hard worker, reliable
> person, trustworthy. I'd marry her again tomorrow," Daniel Schuler said
> while trying to hold back tears.
>
> Dominic Barbara, a lawyer for the Schuler family, said Diane Schuler was
> diabetic and suggested that may have contributed to her disoriented
> condition that morning. He also suggested that Schuler may have suffered
> a stroke.
>
> (snip)

..19 alcohol in her blood at autopsy. Where does her hubby
think she got all the alcohol? From parsnips?