C4-94 Upper Drivers Door Panel

Old September 21st 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kris

Default C4-94 Upper Drivers Door Panel

Hey Guys,

I've had three (3) vettes in my life so I am not exactly clueless on
this sort of stuff; but I am dealing with something that is really
driving me nuts!!!

The aft section of the upper drivers door panel will pop loose every
time I shut the door. Of Course a simple and quick "Shoulder Action"
pops it back in place but that is not a long term fix.

Now, of the three vettes I have had, the two previous (79 and 85) both
had BUTCHERED door panels before I ever came into possession of them.
The 79 and 85 had a hole drilled through the panel all the way into the
door, then used a long sheet metal screw with a large area washer to
hold them in place. I wish not this fate of my 1994. It should be noted
that the 79 and 85 had damaged clips on the backface of the door panel.

I've seen older posts on this sort of subject advising everything from
a fiberglass inlay to permenently affix the panel to the inner door,
sewing it to the door with fishing line, all the way to velcro...

I know enough to know that the upper door panel is held in place by
little metal clips on it's "underside." This is why the haynes books
tells a person to sit it in place and move it forward; then aft, for
the clips to hook to the door.

I took the panel off my 1994 and took a look, all the metal clips are
good on the underside (none broke) but (just like someone previous) I
can't get the clips to catch on the door!!!

Anyone got any ideas on this???...Back alley "Mustang Engineering"
aside please.

Old September 21st 06, 05:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

Try bending the top of the panels down some with them off the car.
I had trouble getting mine to catch again after replacing the rubber
window wiper strips that dry rotted. Just a thought.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Recommendations for Jeep Mechanic near Edison, NJ [email protected] Jeep 1 July 30th 06 07:10 PM
States Boost Speed Limits On Major Highways gpsman Driving 103 July 28th 06 10:29 PM
Upper Control Arm Bushings chopface Honda 3 June 15th 06 02:02 PM
Drives me crazy MidnightDad Driving 35 April 26th 05 03:05 AM
1971 Alfa Spider 1750 - Front upper control arm locating washers... SteveC Alfa Romeo 11 December 2nd 04 03:52 PM