GTL corvette - sounds glorious!

Old August 21st 05, 06:45 PM
Malc

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in message

> Upgrade-worthy.

I'd agree with that. Best compliment you can give to a sim nowadays,
everything else seems to be down to personal taste ;-)

Malc.

Old August 21st 05, 07:13 PM
whooo

Mitch_A wrote:
> You guessed wrong.
>
> WTH has open source market share have to do with IT... Economics maybe, not
> IT..
>
> OK perhaps I worded it wrong, Ive been known to do that and more than likely
> it isnt the last time..
>
> OK then. "There is a reason why MS isnt losing Market Share to the open
> source communtiy". Better? Sheesh, just a bit anal are we?
>

> "jon" > wrote in message > Mitch, with statements like "open
> source hasn't any market share", I'm
>
>>guessing you don't work in IT?

Mitch, here's 2cents, go get yourself a clue!
Old August 21st 05, 07:15 PM
whooo

Steve Blankenship wrote:
> "whooo" > wrote in message
>
>>Steve Blankenship wrote:
>>

>>>Seems a bit grippier than I'd expect of
>>>vintage tires,

>>Yeah, like they use vintage tyres.

> Uh...yeah, like the treaded, DOT-legal 5.25M-13's on the Elan or the
> pathetically undersized 5.50/6.00-15's of the Vette (trying to contain 550NM
> of torque). The 'Vette seems properly gripless, but the Elan sticks
> amazingly well. Guess that's what 1450lbs will do for you, even with hard
> compounds and period-correct aspect ratios.
>
> I believe the '76's can run slicks; that should be interesting. Lots of
> power and mechanical grip without much in the way of downforce. Yum...

Do they use vintage rubber compounds?
Old August 21st 05, 08:16 PM
Steve Blankenship

"whooo" > wrote in message
> Steve Blankenship wrote:

> >>Yeah, like they use vintage tyres.

> > Uh...yeah, like the treaded, DOT-legal 5.25M-13's on the Elan or the
> > pathetically undersized 5.50/6.00-15's of the Vette (trying to contain

550NM
> > of torque). The 'Vette seems properly gripless, but the Elan sticks
> > amazingly well. Guess that's what 1450lbs will do for you, even with

hard
> > compounds and period-correct aspect ratios.
> >
> > I believe the '76's can run slicks; that should be interesting. Lots of
> > power and mechanical grip without much in the way of downforce. Yum...
> >

> Do they use vintage rubber compounds?

I think they use tires aged for years and years in some dank Belgian
basement. No, that was Lance Armstrong. Wrong sport.

Better compounds for sure, but there's only so much you can do with 5-6
inches of relatively hard compound, treaded DOT rubber and 70+ series
sidewalls.

Old August 21st 05, 10:06 PM
reggie white

Mitch_A wrote:
> You guessed wrong.
>
> WTH has open source market share have to do with IT... Economics maybe, not
> IT..
>
> OK perhaps I worded it wrong, Ive been known to do that and more than likely
> it isnt the last time..
>
> OK then. "There is a reason why MS isnt losing Market Share to the open
> source communtiy". Better? Sheesh, just a bit anal are we?

Mitch, all you need to do is learn English. Most people here have a hard
time understanding you because you have difficulty speaking the
language. That's all.
Old August 21st 05, 10:07 PM
whooo

Steve Blankenship wrote:
> "whooo" > wrote in message
>
>>Steve Blankenship wrote:

>>>Uh...yeah, like the treaded, DOT-legal 5.25M-13's on the Elan or the
>>>pathetically undersized 5.50/6.00-15's of the Vette (trying to contain

> 550NM
>
>>>of torque). The 'Vette seems properly gripless, but the Elan sticks
>>>amazingly well. Guess that's what 1450lbs will do for you, even with

> hard
>
>>>compounds and period-correct aspect ratios.
>>>
>>>I believe the '76's can run slicks; that should be interesting. Lots of
>>>power and mechanical grip without much in the way of downforce. Yum...
>>>

>>Do they use vintage rubber compounds?

> I think they use tires aged for years and years in some dank Belgian
> basement. No, that was Lance Armstrong. Wrong sport.
>
> Better compounds for sure, but there's only so much you can do with 5-6
> inches of relatively hard compound, treaded DOT rubber and 70+ series
> sidewalls.

What are the tyre regulations for the series that GTL simulates?
Old August 21st 05, 10:09 PM
Michael Horton

The number of FireFox downloads went down last night while IEs went up.

Just thought I'd toss that in.

Old August 21st 05, 11:17 PM
Steve Blankenship

"whooo" > wrote in message

> What are the tyre regulations for the series that GTL simulates?

http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...ppK_2005_a.pdf

Sec. 6.12 on wheels, sec. 8 on tires. The Dunlop vintage series 204 is a
treaded, hard compound, bias ply tire. Looking at the series site
http://www.fia-historic-racing.com it appears like they were trying to do
away with the Dunlop-only reg and replace it with a simple reg on external
tire dimensions for each rim size, which would have to match the spec size
of the original rims. But the above is a 2005 reg and the Dunlops are what
are spec'ed in the game.

For some fun vids on how crappy they hook up on a Corvette, check out the
GT2 & GT3 vids at http://www.fia-historic-racing.com/en/archive/videos/. No
wonder the Lotus kicks it's arse!

Old August 21st 05, 11:42 PM
Mitch_A

IE isnt Office.

Old August 22nd 05, 01:27 AM
Jan Verschueren

"Uwe Schürkamp" wrote...
>> <snip>

> you are posting from MS Office??? Good grief, what has Usenet
> come to? ;-)

No, Outlook Express (also seriously unfashionable in usenet circles, I
know)., but once Office is installed it shares the proofing tools/settings.
Pretty usefull, but every once in a while a typo gets corrected by something
I didn't intend.

Jan.
=---