Best bug remover??

Old November 7th 04, 11:33 PM
KJB

Default Best bug remover??

What is the best thing to use for removing dried bugs and tar off of a cars
paint? I don't find the turtle wax bug remover does anything....
Thanks..

Old November 8th 04, 12:18 AM
Empty3

Some stuff I bought at a car show (Liquid Luster, I believe) did a real good
job, but I've since run out
and am looking for more.

Old November 8th 04, 12:18 AM
Empty3

Old November 8th 04, 12:30 PM
TroY

SIMPLE GREEN,,
spray it on.. let it soak in.. hose off the bugs.... some may require a
little scrubbing... i usually spray the front and mirrors... clean my wheels
with orange blast wheel cleaner... then go back and wash the bugs off.....

troy

Old November 8th 04, 12:30 PM
TroY

Old November 8th 04, 02:12 PM
Dad

"> "KJB" > wrote in message
> What is the best thing to use for removing dried bugs and tar off of a
> cars
> paint? I don't find the turtle wax bug remover does anything....
> Thanks..

I toss a wet towel in the microwave and get it hot but not so hot that I
can't still handle it. Lay it on the front and smooth it out. Bugs turn to
mush and wipe off, flip it over and repeat on the rest of the front. You're
on your on on the tar removal, I don't use chemicals if I can avoid them.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 8th 04, 02:12 PM
Dad

Old November 10th 04, 12:17 AM
Grayfox

Screw all the crap on the market..use what has always worked...

KEROSENE......and don't listen to all the bull about chemicals..harm to the
paint etc..just suck up and do it..after it's still only a damm car not some
national treasure.

Old November 10th 04, 02:43 PM
Tom in Missouri

Go get them!

I've always used kerosene, too. Wash the area first to get the dirt off,
then a wet rag of kerosene, the wash it all off with hot soapy water when
the tar is gone. Rewax and you are good to go.

If you want the paint to last forever, then park it in a garage, seal the
windows and doors, and walk away.

Heck of a lot of fun to own one like that. Sure makes the next owner happy,
though.

ink.net...