Warranty Direct or other warranty companies

Old March 4th 04, 11:18 AM
john smith

Default Warranty Direct or other warranty companies

Has anyone had any experience with "WarrantyDirect" or any other aftermarket
auto warranty companies?

Old March 4th 04, 10:36 PM
Eugene

john smith wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with "WarrantyDirect" or any other
> aftermarket auto warranty companies?

The one we have is called easy care. Stay away from them.
Old March 5th 04, 02:35 AM
John Horner

I would never, ever deal with any aftermarket extended warranty companies.
If you are buying an extended warranty, insist upon one from the mfg. (like
GM Major Guard).

These aftermarket companies sometimes go broke and often are difficult to
collect from if you move or are out of town.

John

Old March 5th 04, 02:21 PM
NoSpam

I purchased one for a used car that I bought at the dealers lot. They sold
me an aftermarket warranty from "Dimensions Warranty". I used it several
times and never had any problems. They may have questioned a repair cost a
couple of times but always paid it.

Old March 6th 04, 02:50 PM
PA-ter

Most are junk. In my years as a SM in a repair facility, found them to
pay half the bill, half the time. If you read the contracts carefully,
you'll find many loopholes or "outs" as I like to call them leaning
way toward the providers. They are a lot like insurance companys,
quick to TAKE your money but REAL hard to get any from. Factory
warranties are usually pretty up front & willing to get the problem
fixed at whatever the cost. Good luck.

98 Jetta water pump...cpo warranty Woodchuck VW water cooled 3 January 7th 05 01:33 AM
C5 problems (98 in particular) radar Corvette 12 January 3rd 05 10:04 PM
Body computer; Warranty Direct , Ideas? PhilipS Alfa Romeo 2 December 21st 04 10:03 PM
honda warranty s o Honda 6 December 7th 04 12:41 AM
Warranty question DFS BMW 8 October 14th 04 03:57 PM