Car weight

Old March 13th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

Default Car weight

Want to purchase a Demon carb and they want the weight of the car.
What does a 1971 Mustang Grande with 351C 4V and toploader weigh?
Can't find it in the manuals.

mike

Old March 13th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
tro

Would it not be on the door?

link.net...

Old March 13th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Mar 13, 12:58 pm, "goodnigh" > wrote:
> Want to purchase a Demon carb and they want the weight of the car.
> What does a 1971 Mustang Grande with 351C 4V and toploader weigh?
> Can't find it in the manuals.

Mike,

Your best best to to take it to a local truck scale. For a few bucks
(20 or so) you'll get a very accurate weight.

Patrick

Old March 13th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RJ

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 13, 12:58 pm, "goodnigh" > wrote:
>> Want to purchase a Demon carb and they want the weight of the car.
>> What does a 1971 Mustang Grande with 351C 4V and toploader weigh?
>> Can't find it in the manuals.

> Mike,
>
> Your best best to to take it to a local truck scale. For a few bucks
> (20 or so) you'll get a very accurate weight.
>
> Patrick

3200 - 3300 lbs

Old March 14th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB

goodnigh wrote:

> Want to purchase a Demon carb and they want the weight of the car.
> What does a 1971 Mustang Grande with 351C 4V and toploader weigh?
> Can't find it in the manuals.
>
> mike

Check your title/registration. In a lot of
states, the weight is listed there. It's close enough
to pick a carb.

--
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod

Old March 14th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn

Just get a Holley 750 Double pumper that should take care of it. Unless you
have a dual quad manifold in which case get two. lol
link.net...

Old March 14th 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

goodnigh wrote:
> Want to purchase a Demon carb and they want the weight of the car.
> What does a 1971 Mustang Grande with 351C 4V and toploader weigh?
> Can't find it in the manuals.
>
> mike

That's, odd. But it seems to me that if the vehicle weight is
important to such a point they ask before they personalize your carb,
I'd go weigh it with a half a tank of gas and give them that.

--
And if a cow had wheels,
it would be a milk truck. - Steve Linford
Old March 15th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

"tro" > wrote in message
> Would it not be on the door?
>

> "goodnigh" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>> Want to purchase a Demon carb and they want the weight of the car.
>> What does a 1971 Mustang Grande with 351C 4V and toploader weigh?
>> Can't find it in the manuals.

Nothing on the door except the tire pressure chart and info about what
trany, color etc.
Other readers have posted ~3200-3300 lbs. Sounds lite.
Had a Caddy that broke 5500 lbs.

Old March 15th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

This isn't rocket science.

'71 Mustang Boss 351 Sportsroof
Curb Weight: 3560 lbs
http://www.boss351.org/general.htm

nk.net...

Old March 15th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

That's more like it!

Best weight of oil? Gary Mazda 15 March 28th 06 03:20 AM
Weight of a 351C Joe Ford Mustang 6 September 9th 05 05:57 AM
How much weight can PT carry? TomKan Chrysler 10 August 16th 05 08:41 AM
85 CJ body tub weight Dale Beckett Jeep 15 May 7th 05 03:45 AM
E34 Weight Rob Munach BMW 1 November 16th 04 04:17 PM