Cracked Manifold Consequences

Old September 9th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Ward

Default Cracked Manifold Consequences

What are the consquences (especially doing more damage or safety
hazard) of driving with a cracked manifold (something in or near the
exhaust system)? I've seen some other posts about how to temp fix,
replace and where to take if needed. but what if I just keep driving
it. One place missed it, 2 others confirmed it was there.

Old September 9th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_3371_]

If you run it hard and put it away cold, you'll warp an exhaust valve
for sure.
$134 will buy a new manifold:
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/ExhaustMani...M00146/623610/
Of course change the search criteria to fit yours.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

oups.com...

Old September 10th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Ward wrote:
> What are the consquences (especially doing more damage or safety
> hazard) of driving with a cracked manifold (something in or near the
> exhaust system)? I've seen some other posts about how to temp fix,
> replace and where to take if needed. but what if I just keep driving
> it. One place missed it, 2 others confirmed it was there.

You have a CO risk. Basically if you open a window, you need to open
one on the other side also to avoid a vacuum into the cab area which
will suck it in.

Watch for a tight feeling in the forehead with a headache or an
uncontrollable sleepy/heavy eyes feeling. If you get either, get air fast!

Also watch the wiring so any hot gas jets out of the leak don't hit them
melting things.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...