Logitech profiler

Old September 30th 09, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lol[_4_]

Default Logitech profiler

Just getting to know new g25 wheel - wonderful - but it has taken me about a
week to discover that the only way to keep it working properly is to shut
down the Logitech profiler.

Have seen no mention of this - is it a common experience?

(XP, mainly LFS and TDU)

Lol

Old September 30th 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Opposite for me, without profiler, you cant separate the pedals, adjust the
force feed back, yes there are a lot of "basic settings" you need to set for
the g25 to work "normal" IMHO... the defaults are horrible.

om...

Old September 30th 09, 12:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob_Simpson

On Sep 29, 10:08*pm, "Plowboy" > wrote:
> Opposite for me, without profiler, you cant separate the pedals, adjust the
> force feed back, yes there are a lot of "basic settings" you need to set for
> the g25 to work "normal" IMHO... *the defaults are horrible.

You can do all that in Control Panel > Game controllers.

AFAIK, the profiler is mainly for assigning buttons to special
functions, but you can do that in-game usually. I never run the
profiler and I have no problems with my G25.
Old October 1st 09, 08:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:49:31 GMT, Lol wrote:
> AGREED! I did try updating the Logitech software by downloading and running
> from the logitech product support.
> The result was one completely dead non-functioning wheel.
>
> Fortunately I had an Acronis backup - I've been using that a lot while
> getting this wheel working.

thanks for the heads-up... I'll certainly stay away from the "update" then ;-)

Uwe

Old October 6th 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

Bob_Simpson > wrote in
:

> On Sep 29, 10:08*pm, "Plowboy" > wrote:
>> Opposite for me, without profiler, you cant separate the pedals, adjust

> he
>> force feed back, yes there are a lot of "basic settings" you need to
>> set

> for
>> the g25 to work "normal" IMHO... *the defaults are horrible.
>>

> You can do all that in Control Panel > Game controllers.
>
> AFAIK, the profiler is mainly for assigning buttons to special
> functions, but you can do that in-game usually. I never run the
> profiler and I have no problems with my G25.

Yet another example of a startup program doing nothing useful.

Old October 6th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_3_]

this is weird to me, my Vista 32 install wouldn't work with the wheel at 1st
install (way back when0 unless I opened the profiler...
so maybe it doesn't need it anymore? Thanks for the idea, Ill try making it
not startup at least. But I do use profiles to change how far the wheel
turns... 360 for some games, 900 for others... (speeds up steering
response/correction time in some games for me, to make up for old age
reflexes ;p

Old October 6th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob_Simpson

On Oct 6, 3:13*pm, "PlowBoy" > wrote:
> this is weird to me, my Vista 32 install wouldn't work with the wheel at 1st
> install (way back when0 unless I opened the profiler...
> so maybe it doesn't need it anymore? *Thanks for the idea, Ill try making it
> not startup at least. *But I do use profiles to change how far the wheel
> turns... *360 for some games, 900 for others... *(speeds up steering
> response/correction time in some games for me, to make up for old age
> reflexes ;p"Uwe" > wrote in message

> > Uwe- Hide quoted text -

Again, you can adjust the rotation in Control Panel > Game
Controllers. No need for the profiler.
Old October 7th 09, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lol[_4_]

"Bob_Simpson" > wrote in message
On Oct 6, 3:13 pm, "PlowBoy" > wrote:
> this is weird to me, my Vista 32 install wouldn't work with the wheel at
> 1st
> install (way back when0 unless I opened the profiler...
> so maybe it doesn't need it anymore? Thanks for the idea, Ill try making
> it
> not startup at least. But I do use profiles to change how far the wheel
> turns... 360 for some games, 900 for others... (speeds up steering
> response/correction time in some games for me, to make up for old age
> reflexes ;p"Uwe" > wrote in message

> > Uwe- Hide quoted text -

>Again, you can adjust the rotation in Control Panel > Game
>Controllers. No need for the profiler.

When you shut the profiler down it gives a 'scary warning'- that any
associated
controllers will no longer work if you do this.

I wonder why they care enough to use such tactics?

Lol

GPL & Logitech G25 Steve Garey Simulators 2 February 2nd 08 11:05 AM
Logitech G25 Steve Garey Simulators 23 January 11th 08 09:53 AM
How can Logitech do this? Larry[_1_] Simulators 12 March 9th 07 09:12 PM
GPL Help with LWFF Profiler, please Rick Catton Simulators 10 June 4th 06 06:52 AM
MSFFW Profiler Crashes Larry Simulators 5 April 26th 05 03:03 PM