Congratulations America!

Old January 20th 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

Default Congratulations America!

Congratulations with you new president, great speech!
Screw the female poet, what a waste. Aretha was great though.

J.

Old January 20th 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:34:12 +0100, P.J.Berg > wrote:

> Congratulations with you new president, great speech! Screw the female
> poet, what a waste. Aretha was great though.
>
> J.

"Your" it should read...

J.

Old January 20th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jan 20, 9:35 am, "P.J.Berg" > wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:34:12 +0100, P.J.Berg > wrote:
> > Congratulations with you new president, great speech! Screw the female
> > poet, what a waste. Aretha was great though.

> > J.

> "Your" it should read...
>
> J.
>
> --
> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

I wish Obama the best of luck, but I'm tired of the 'race' card being
so heavily promoted. He's an American, just like all the rest of us.
The sooner we stop emphasizing ethnicity/skin color/race/etc, the
sooner racism will be eliminated as an issue in society, IMO.

Bush's inauguration was like $40 million and the liberal left bitched
and moaned about it, but I don't see too many complaints regarding the
$150 million price tag on Obama's inauguration...interesting.
Old January 20th 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Michael Rogers

> I wish Obama the best of luck, but I'm tired of the 'race' card being
> so heavily promoted. He's an American, just like all the rest of us.
> The sooner we stop emphasizing ethnicity/skin color/race/etc, the
> sooner racism will be eliminated as an issue in society, IMO.
>
> Bush's inauguration was like $40 million and the liberal left bitched
> and moaned about it, but I don't see too many complaints regarding the
> $150 million price tag on Obama's inauguration...interesting.

Me too, time will tell, and it's been coming for a long time.
Apparently money was no object. Because ya can throw most of the
citizens in the US in a sack shake it up, pour us out on the ground and we
is all the same now "broke." We have been politically "had" by the very
people that has been put in office to lead the country for many years, only
to take care of the rich and big business.

Time will tell, his next promise may be a VW in every garage or at lest a
trike.
Michael

WEB sight
http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?...pid=197364&ck=

Old January 20th 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Jan 20, 12:34*pm, "P.J.Berg" > wrote:
> Congratulations with you new president, great speech! *
> Screw the female poet, what a waste. Aretha was great though.
>
> J.
>
> --
> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

This should be interesting. Wow, I hope this all works out ok but I
don't have a good feeling about it. Let's see what happens now. Not
a hell of a lot more that we can do than that.
Old January 21st 09, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:15:00 +0100, Shag > wrote:

> On Jan 20, 12:34 pm, "P.J.Berg" > wrote:
>> Congratulations with you new president, great speech!
>> Screw the female poet, what a waste. Aretha was great though.
>>
>> J.
>>
>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

> This should be interesting. Wow, I hope this all works out ok but I
> don't have a good feeling about it. Let's see what happens now. Not
> a hell of a lot more that we can do than that.

You are fighting two wars and are in the middle of a serious recession, no matter what the guy does he is going to get the blame.

If you are at all concerned about Americas standing in the world I can tell you he is very popular to say the least.
Never has American politics been followed so closely by the rest of the world, we all see it as a positive change.

If he was white, all parties would be happy, right? :-]

J.

Old January 21st 09, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:03:13 +0100, > wrote:

> On Jan 20, 9:35 am, "P.J.Berg" > wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:34:12 +0100, P.J.Berg >
>> wrote:
>> > Congratulations with you new president, great speech! Screw the female
>> > poet, what a waste. Aretha was great though.

>> > J.

>> "Your" it should read...
>>
>> J.
>>
>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

> I wish Obama the best of luck, but I'm tired of the 'race' card being
> so heavily promoted. He's an American, just like all the rest of us.
> The sooner we stop emphasizing ethnicity/skin color/race/etc, the
> sooner racism will be eliminated as an issue in society, IMO.

Cant say I saw the 'race' card being heavily promoted, in fact, the only mentions of this has always been by his opponents.

> Bush's inauguration was like $40 million and the liberal left bitched
> and moaned about it, but I don't see too many complaints regarding the
> $150 million price tag on Obama's inauguration...interesting.

The price tag would also be related to the expected attendance, do you think Palin and 'whats his face' would have drawn the same crowd?
Just asking..

J.

Old January 21st 09, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Scott H[_2_]

"P.J.Berg" > wrote in message
news
> Congratulations with you new president, great speech! Screw the female
> poet, what a waste. Aretha was great though.
>
> J.

No thanks.
Why would you offer congratulations to an electorate that was stupid enough
to put the very party that was the major cause for our financial crisis into
the highest office? There are a lot of ignorant voters here.

--
Scott

Old January 21st 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Scott H[_2_]

"P.J.Berg" > wrote ...
> If he was white, all parties would be happy, right? :-]

Come on, Jorn ... you're smarter than that. Race plays no part with the vast
majority of people here these days. It's certainly a non-issue with me.

--
Scott

Old January 21st 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Andy

I could care less what color he is. I do care that he has absolutely zero
experience and this has been largely ignored during the media's lovefest. I
sure hope that he does well and I'm glad that the campaign is over and
another peaceful change in power has occurred. Time to see if he's up to the
task.
Andy

news