Is the six speed manual tranny better than the five speed on gasmiles?

Old April 2nd 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

Default Is the six speed manual tranny better than the five speed on ga...

"Carbon" > wrote
>Going from 17"
> to 16" has transformed the car. It's less jarring over bumps and it feels
> more agile and tossable. You wouldn't think losing 3.5 lb unsprung weight
> per wheel would make that much difference, but it seems like it does.

The 1/2 inch more of sidewall between the ground and the wheel may have
something to do with it being less jarring. That said, I can't wait to
reduce my sidewalls by going to 15 inch wheels so I can have a decent tire
choice.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old April 4th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

I've had people tell me that before, nope, I'm plodding along with very
minor boosts in HP! ......... But I still want a tall 5th gear!

Chris
99Black (body)Black (top)Black (interior)
I used to go by BBnT (Brilliant Black and Tan) with the 92

Old April 4th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

I've noticed that exact thing. The funny thing is I don't feel tall at 6'2"
when I'm around a 5'10" guy but put me next to a 6' 6" guy (same 4" right?)
and I feel like a midget!

Chris
99BBB

Old April 6th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
tooloud

Don Bruder wrote:

<snip>

> If *ANYTHING* can be done to make using a cellphone harder, I'm all
> for it... Your (generic you) phone call isn't worth my life - I don't
> give a damn who you are, or who you're calling/who's calling you *NO*
> phone call you could possibly be involved with, to or from anybody,
> is worth my life. So hang up and drive, dammit!
>
> Yes... Despite falling squarely into the "radical libertarian" range
> on most of the various "what's you political view?" tests, I'd be all
> for the concept of it being mandatory that every cell phone be
> GPS-capable, and that they be programmed to continuously check their
> speed. If they're moving faster than walking speed, they should
> automatically direct all incoming calls to voice-mail and behave as
> if they are powered down until such time as they aren't moving faster
> than a walking speed.

That's a pointless, knee-jerk reaction to people using cell phones in cars.
Your concept prevents every passenger in a car, truck, or bus from using
their cell phone while riding.

--
tooloud
Remove nothing to reply...

Old April 6th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> I usually agree with both Don and tooloud on most subjects, hmmmmm....

Face it, Pat. You, too, are getting OLD.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO

4-speed tranny leaking neildomo Ford Mustang 2 March 12th 07 03:29 AM
5or6 speed tranny R G 4x4 0 January 30th 06 04:14 PM
___ Slipping guts out of a '91 3-speed tranny :-) 'Curly Q. Links' Chrysler 0 December 4th 05 05:11 AM
1987 honda civic 4 dr sedan manual 5 speed tranny kerikweenb28 Honda 0 November 13th 05 08:07 PM
5-speed tranny whine-'03 TJ 4.0L Ken Knapp Jeep 7 February 6th 05 02:26 PM