1998 Audi A4 Oil Indictor Light

Old April 21st 05, 08:51 AM
ellenb999

Default 1998 Audi A4 Oil Indictor Light

O.k. this might sound like a dumb question but I can't seem to figure
out where my oil indicator light would be.
An oil light does not light up when I first turn on my car so I am
trying to figure out if the light is out OR if the oil indicator
light will show up in the lcd screen in the dash- like the low gas or
headlight out appears.

I was told at my last oil change that I might have a oil leak so I
thought it might be a good thing to know if that light is working
properly.

Thanks

Old April 21st 05, 09:55 AM
Richard Goulding

"ellenb999" > wrote in message
> O.k. this might sound like a dumb question but I can't seem to figure
> out where my oil indicator light would be.
> An oil light does not light up when I first turn on my car so I am
> trying to figure out if the light is out OR if the oil indicator
> light will show up in the lcd screen in the dash- like the low gas or
> headlight out appears.

The low oil indicator is like that but the low oil pressure is a big red
symbol.

> I was told at my last oil change that I might have a oil leak so I
> thought it might be a good thing to know if that light is working
> properly.

It should tell you all this info in the manual.

Richard

Old April 21st 05, 01:03 PM
JimV

ellenb999 wrote:
> O.k. this might sound like a dumb question but I can't seem to figure
> out where my oil indicator light would be.
> An oil light does not light up when I first turn on my car so I am
> trying to figure out if the light is out OR if the oil indicator
> light will show up in the lcd screen in the dash- like the low gas or
> headlight out appears.
>
> I was told at my last oil change that I might have a oil leak so I
> thought it might be a good thing to know if that light is working
> properly.
>
> Thanks

You should check the oil with the dipstick. Don't count on the lights.

1998 Audi A6 Quatro for $9K. Good price? VMI Audi 1 April 8th 05 10:40 PM
Audi 100 1998 Model + Concert Radio / CD changer ? [email protected] Audi 0 February 22nd 05 02:44 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 December 18th 04 08:28 AM
Help wanted : Audi A6 1998 1.8T Auto stalling when hot Gremilex Audi 5 November 17th 04 10:03 AM
1998 Audi A6 electrical problem T-Bone Audi 3 September 22nd 04 03:21 PM