SAE horsepower vs. Bhp

Old July 28th 07, 07:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
doug

Default SAE horsepower vs. Bhp

Can anyone give me a good URL so I can read / learn the difference
between SAE horsepower and Bhp (british horse power) ? thanks.
Old July 28th 07, 07:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ[_4_]

doug wrote:
> Can anyone give me a good URL so I can read / learn the difference
> between SAE horsepower and Bhp (british horse power) ? thanks.

BHP = Brake Horsepower

With that tid-bit you are on your way.

--
pj
Old July 28th 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

"British" horsepower? Bhp stands for Brake Horsepower. In a nutshell
brake horsepower is what the engine produces at the crankshaft on a dyno
, SAE is what you get when the engine is in the car with all the
accessories attached and using stock air cleaner and stock exhaust system.

Old July 28th 07, 07:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

"doug" wrote in message ...
> Can anyone give me a good URL so I can read / learn the difference
> between SAE horsepower and Bhp (british horse power) ? thanks.

BHP is Brake horsepower (bhp)

Go to this site and it will explane all inclucing british horse power
measurements...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old July 28th 07, 11:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Eugene Blanchard

More than you ever want to know about hp

doug wrote:

> Can anyone give me a good URL so I can read / learn the difference
> between SAE horsepower and Bhp (british horse power) ? thanks.

--
Eugene Blanchard
http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas
Home of the DIY Hot Rod Kustom website
Old July 29th 07, 07:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bill[_17_]

bhp=sae* 1.30

1968 427/435 BHP= 334 SAE...... new 2007 Corvette much more powerful!

1960 muscle cars..Much overrated!

Old July 29th 07, 04:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

Actually, SAE is the measurements according the procedures by the Society
for Automotive Engineers.

It has nothing to do with accessories.

However, cars are normally rated as SAE Gross and SAE Net. The SAE Gross is
the old style ratings from 1971 and back where they rated the bare engine
without accessories and exhaust configurations were often optimal.

SAE Net is from 1971 to present where the engine is configured as in the
base driven configuration which usually means alternators and all standard
accessories, like AC and power steering after certain years, and with
realistic exhaust systems.

news

Old July 29th 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:07:38 -0700, "Bill" > wrote:

>bhp=sae* 1.30
>
> 1968 427/435 BHP= 334 SAE...... new 2007 Corvette much more powerful!
>
>1960 muscle cars..Much overrated!

====================
That is until you actually drive them.... LOL

Honestly the older cars feel much stronger then the new cars and a lot
of that has to do with just how primitive the old suspensions were ..

Given the choice ...for fun...I'll hop into a 60 muscle car every
single time.. for a 200 mile drive I'll take the newer car...

Bob G.

DIN horsepower guest Auto Photos 2 April 3rd 07 10:01 PM
HORSEPOWER Steve[_20_] Ford Mustang 16 December 28th 06 02:25 AM
Horsepower Arthur BMW 9 February 23rd 05 03:21 AM
0-60 and horsepower rebco10 Corvette 9 February 14th 05 10:13 PM
Horsepower Larry Simulators 0 January 14th 05 08:04 PM