AUDIO SYSTEM

Old August 27th 04, 11:01 PM
Iva

Default AUDIO SYSTEM

slade carter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded my audio system a while back on my 95. I got a new

radio and new
> speakers hoping to improve the sound quality and experience.

The sound
> quality improved; the experience was still bad. I cant hear

music as well
> as I would like to when I'm driving on the freeway with the top

down.

> I was planning to buy some tweeters and put them on the side

doors near the
> mirrors
>
> I was surfing some audio sites and there are so many different

kinds of
> tweeters -- I had no idea what to choose -- can anyone give any

suggestions?
> are all tweeters pretty much the same? what makes one more

expensive than
> the other?
>
> thanks in advance

Have you tried installing headrest speakers? Don't know if your
'95 has them or not - looking at the listing from miata.net, the
PEP and Leather '95s have the headrest speakers and harness
installed.

Putting good speakers right behind your head should work better
than extra tweeters in the doors.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old August 28th 04, 01:57 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"Iva" > wrote:

>slade carter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I upgraded my audio system a while back on my 95. I got a new

>radio and new
>> speakers hoping to improve the sound quality and experience.

>The sound
>> quality improved; the experience was still bad. I cant hear

>music as well
>> as I would like to when I'm driving on the freeway with the top

>down.
>>
>> I was planning to buy some tweeters and put them on the side

>doors near the
>> mirrors
>>
>> I was surfing some audio sites and there are so many different

>kinds of
>> tweeters -- I had no idea what to choose -- can anyone give any

>suggestions?
>> are all tweeters pretty much the same? what makes one more

>expensive than
>> the other?
>>
>> thanks in advance

>Have you tried installing headrest speakers? Don't know if your
>'95 has them or not - looking at the listing from miata.net, the
>PEP and Leather '95s have the headrest speakers and harness
>installed.

If they are installed, check their wiring per instructions also
on miata.net.

>Putting good speakers right behind your head should work better
>than extra tweeters in the doors.
>
>Iva & Belle.)
>'90B Classic Red.)
>#3 winkin' Miata

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)

2002 L300 Wagon 37000 miles Ed Saturn 9 January 6th 05 02:16 PM
C5 problems (98 in particular) radar Corvette 12 January 3rd 05 11:04 PM
Where to get Official Speed Limit Info [email protected] Driving 40 January 3rd 05 08:10 AM
Phatnoise Digital Car Audio system Samu Audi 3 June 24th 04 02:51 PM