Cardinals Pitcher Fatally Crashes SUV - looks like speeding again

Old April 30th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Cardinals Pitcher Fatally Crashes SUV - looks like speeding again

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007191519

Cardinals Pitcher Josh Hancock Dies In St. Louis Car Accident

April 29, 2007 12:15 p.m. EST

Todd Sikorski - AHN Sports Reporter

St. Louis, MO (AHN) - Sadness hit the St. Louis Cardinals organization
on Sunday as it lost one of its best bullpen pitchers due to a car
accident. Josh Hancock, a 29-year-old right-hander who played in the
major leagues since 2002, was killed early Sunday morning and his death
has caused the club to postpone an upcoming game against the Chicago Cubs.

Details of the accident are under investigation but the St. Louis
Post-Dispatch reported on its website that the accident happened in St.
Louis and was a result of Hancock's SUV crashing into the rear of a tow
truck that was parked in a far left hand lane on Interstate 64.

The tow truck was reportedly assisting another vehicle from an earlier
accident.

Hancock was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.

(snip)

-----------------

Either speeding or not paying attention. Notice how the newspaper,
shilling for the auto industry as always, called this an "accident".
Old April 30th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
MaryL

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message ink.net...

> http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007191519
>
> Cardinals Pitcher Josh Hancock Dies In St. Louis Car Accident
>
> April 29, 2007 12:15 p.m. EST
>
> Todd Sikorski - AHN Sports Reporter
>
> St. Louis, MO (AHN) - Sadness hit the St. Louis Cardinals organization on
> Sunday as it lost one of its best bullpen pitchers due to a car accident.
> Josh Hancock, a 29-year-old right-hander who played in the major leagues
> since 2002, was killed early Sunday morning and his death has caused the
> club to postpone an upcoming game against the Chicago Cubs.
>
> Details of the accident are under investigation but the St. Louis
> Post-Dispatch reported on its website that the accident happened in St.
> Louis and was a result of Hancock's SUV crashing into the rear of a tow
> truck that was parked in a far left hand lane on Interstate 64.
>
> The tow truck was reportedly assisting another vehicle from an earlier
> accident.
>
> Hancock was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
>
> (snip)
>
> -----------------
>
> Either speeding or not paying attention. Notice how the newspaper,
> shilling for the auto industry as always, called this an "accident".

Whether it was speeding, falling asleep at the wheel, lack of alertness due
to lack of sleep (it happened at 12:35 a.m. ), substance abuse or simple
negligence...It was still an accident. That is *not* the same thing as
saying it was unavoidable, but it certainly was not intentional. The tow
truck was parked on the interstate (left-hand lane) "with its lights
flashing while assisting another car that had crashed."

MaryL

Old April 30th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
James Farrar

I'm going to go against my instinct that you're just an idiotic troll,
and reply:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 01:14:37 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>Either speeding or not paying attention.

Or not fit to drive.

>Notice how the newspaper,
>shilling for the auto industry as always, called this an "accident".

What, you think he crashed /deliberately/?
Old April 30th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

MaryL wrote:

> Whether it was speeding, falling asleep at the wheel, lack of alertness due
> to lack of sleep (it happened at 12:35 a.m. ), substance abuse or simple
> negligence...It was still an accident. That is *not* the same thing as
> saying it was unavoidable, but it certainly was not intentional. The tow
> truck was parked on the interstate (left-hand lane) "with its lights
> flashing while assisting another car that had crashed."
>
> MaryL

If the crash was due to Hancock breaking a law, then its no accident. THINK
Old April 30th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
David M. Nieporent

I blame SUVs.
Old April 30th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
mnop

good! one more idiot dead.

Old April 30th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

On Apr 29, 7:54 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> MaryL wrote:
>
> > Whether it was speeding, falling asleep at the wheel, lack of alertness due
> > to lack of sleep (it happened at 12:35 a.m. ), substance abuse or simple
> > negligence...It was still an accident. That is *not* the same thing as
> > saying it was unavoidable, but it certainly was not intentional. The tow
> > truck was parked on the interstate (left-hand lane) "with its lights
> > flashing while assisting another car that had crashed."

> > MaryL

> If the crash was due to Hancock breaking a law, then its no accident. THINK

Nothing in the article or anything else I have read said he broke a
law. Don't jump to conclusions. There could be any number of reasons
for this. Wait until a report comes out telling what happened. But
you love to ASSUME, huh?

Old April 30th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Docky Wocky

Say. You don't think Algore ever takes the wheel when he is being jetted
around the world
tending to global warming interests, do you?

Old April 30th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

James Farrar wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 01:14:37 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> MURDERERS > wrote:
>

>> Notice how the newspaper,
>> shilling for the auto industry as always, called this an "accident".

> What, you think he crashed /deliberately/?

I never said he crashed deliberately, but his reckless driving was
deliberate and the crash was a consequence. Stop being a criminal coddler.
Old April 30th 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.sport.baseball,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> MaryL wrote:
>

> > Whether it was speeding, falling asleep at the wheel, lack of alertness due
> > to lack of sleep (it happened at 12:35 a.m. ), substance abuse or simple
> > negligence...It was still an accident. That is *not* the same thing as
> > saying it was unavoidable, but it certainly was not intentional. The tow
> > truck was parked on the interstate (left-hand lane) "with its lights
> > flashing while assisting another car that had crashed."
> >
> > MaryL

> If the crash was due to Hancock breaking a law, then its no accident. THINK

An accident is something that you didn't do on purpose. I was run into
by a pickup truck driver at a stop light on purpose. That wasn't an
accident. THINK.

--
"There are some gals who don't like to be pushed and grabbed and lassoed
and drug into buses in the middle of the night."