New Beetle Retro Fit?

Old November 22nd 06, 09:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Aaron E Nicholson

Default New Beetle Retro Fit?

The New VW Beete has been around for a considerable time now and has
not changed in style at all.
Whats it going to be? time for retro design remake or make it look more
modern which would be somewhat pointless..

Any Oppinions?

Aaron E Nicholson

Old November 22nd 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Joseph Meehan[_2_]

Aaron E Nicholson wrote:
> The New VW Beete has been around for a considerable time now and has
> not changed in style at all.
> Whats it going to be? time for retro design remake or make it look
> more modern which would be somewhat pointless..
>
> Any Oppinions?
>
> Aaron E Nicholson

I believe the plan is to drop it. The Rabbit will return.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Old November 22nd 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

VW already made minor cosmetic changes inside and out. Bumpers & fenders are
different along with instrument cluster. As for how long it will last...
that all depends how long it meets federal crash & safety standards?

oups.com...

Old November 26th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Matt B.

"Aaron E Nicholson" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The New VW Beete has been around for a considerable time now and has not
> changed in style at all. Whats it going to be? time for retro design
> remake or make it look more modern which would be somewhat pointless..

It just got a mile restyle for '06. Given that just happened, it's probably
gonna be around for a few more years.

Old November 26th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Matt B.

"Joseph Meehan" > wrote in message
.. .
>I believe the plan is to drop it. The Rabbit will return.

The Rabbit already returned like 6 months ago. One has nothing to do with
the other. The NB is a retro-mobile, the Rabbit is not.

Old November 26th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Joseph Meehan[_2_]

Matt B. wrote:
> "Joseph Meehan" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> I believe the plan is to drop it. The Rabbit will return.

> The Rabbit already returned like 6 months ago. One has nothing to do
> with the other. The NB is a retro-mobile, the Rabbit is not.

Exactly.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit