Recommendations for Jeep Mechanic near Edison, NJ

Old July 30th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Recommendations for Jeep Mechanic near Edison, NJ

I have a 99 Jeep grand cherokee (82 K miles) that has leak in the front
differential. I would like some recommendations for reliable and
reasonable Jeep mechanics around Edison or S Plainfield area in NJ.
Also are there any maitenance jobs that I have to get it done as I am
hit 80K miles?

Thanks guys!

Old July 30th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

SCHEDULE-B

3,000 Miles (5 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Lubricate steering linkage.

6,000 Miles (10 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

9,000 Miles (14 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

12,000 Miles (19 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

15,000 miles (24 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Inspect engine air cleaner element, replace

as necessary.

18,000 Miles (29 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

21,000 Miles (34 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

24,000 Miles (38 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

27,000 Miles (43 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

30,000 Miles (48 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Replace engine air cleaner element.

² Replace spark plugs.

² Inspect and adjust drive belt (4.0L only).

² Drain and refill transfer case fluid.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

33,000 Miles (53 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

36,000 Miles (58 000 km)

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

39,000 Miles (62 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

42,000 Miles (67 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

45,000 Miles (72 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Inspect engine air cleaner element, replace

as necessary.

48,000 Miles (77 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

51,000 Miles (82 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Flush and replace engine coolant.

54,000 Miles (86 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

57,000 Miles (91 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

60,000 Miles (96 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Replace engine air cleaner element.

² Inspect PCV valve and replace if necessary

(4.7L only).*

² Replace spark plugs.

² Inspect and adjust drive belt (4.0L only).

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill transfer case fluid.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

63,000 Miles (101 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

66,000 Miles (106 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

69,000 Miles (110 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

72,000 Miles (115 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

75,000 Miles (120 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Inspect engine air cleaner element, replace

as necessary.

78,000 Miles (125 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

81,000 Miles (130 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Flush and replace engine coolant.

84,000 miles (134 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

87,000 Miles (139 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

90,000 Miles (144 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Replace engine air cleaner element.

² Replace spark plugs.

² Inspect and adjust drive belt (4.0L only).

² Inspect and replace drive belt if necessary (4.7L

only).

² Drain and refill transfer case fluid.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

93,000 Miles (149 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

96,000 Miles (154 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

99,000 Miles (158 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

102,000 Miles (163 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

105,000 Miles (168 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Inspect engine air cleaner element, replace

as necessary.

² Inspect and replace drive belt if not previously

replaced (4.7L only).

108,000 Miles (173 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

111,000 Miles (178 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Flush and replace engine coolant.

114,000 Miles (182 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

117,000 Miles (187 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

120,000 Miles (192 000 km)

² Change engine oil.

² Replace engine oil filter.

² Replace engine air cleaner element.

² Replace spark plugs.

² Inspect and adjust drive belt (4.0L only).

² Inspect and replace drive belt if not previously

replaced (4.7L only).

² Drain and refill automatic transmission fluid

and change filter.

² Drain and refill transfer case fluid.

² Drain and refill front and rear axles.

² Inspect brake linings.

² Lubricate upper knuckle ball stud.

*This maintenance is recommended, but is not

required to maintain warranty on the PCV valve.

IMPORTANT: Inspection and service should also

be performed anytime a malfunction is observed or

suspected.

ups.com...