Ok, this is funny...

Old February 28th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Ok, this is funny...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP%3Cwb...3E%3AIT&r d=1

Old February 28th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I think it will be a sign of things to come in various online games
actually.
Makes sense to a degree, people see your logos same as they would in a real
life environment.

Old February 28th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Agreed, but $400????????

Old February 28th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Does the rFactor license allow for an external mod team to profit in such a
way.

oups.com...

Old February 28th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Darus" wrote...
> Agreed, but $400????????

Dirt cheap as advertising rates go...

Jan.
=---

Old February 28th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Exactly. Try pricing a magazine ad or similar.

Old February 28th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"schooner" > wrote in message
| Exactly. Try pricing a magazine ad or similar.
|
| "Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message
| > "Darus" wrote...
| >> Agreed, but $400????????
| >
| > Dirt cheap as advertising rates go...
| >
| > Jan.
| > =---

You get what you pay for (and sometimes less). Exposure for a magazine add,
one would think, is considerably higher than exposure in a track for
rFactor. I find it hilariously tragic the extent people will go in order to
make a dollar. In the end it's all the same, and might be far worse for
those with an avaricious bent.

Alanb

Old February 28th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> You get what you pay for (and sometimes less). Exposure for a magazine
> add,
> one would think, is considerably higher than exposure in a track for
> rFactor. I find it hilariously tragic the extent people will go in order
> make a dollar. In the end it's all the same, and might be far worse for
> those with an avaricious bent.

Surely this would be illegal without ISI's permission. Any lawyers around
here?

Old February 28th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Alan Bernardo" wrote...
> You get what you pay for (and sometimes less). Exposure for a
> magazine add, one would think, is considerably higher than
> exposure in a track for rFactor. I find it hilariously tragic the
> extent people will go in order to make a dollar. In the end it's
> all the same, and might be far worse for those with an avaricious
> bent.

Ok, a quarter page add in Elektuur (local monthly electronics magazine;
circulation about 7000): $500,- for 3 months.

This is for a year and, if the mod is any good, a lot more than 3500 people
will DL it over that time. The company/individual is also seen as supporting
the rF community. I still say it's a pretty good deal.

Jan.
=---

Old March 1st 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

YOu see this add on ebay? I think I still have my copy AND the rendition2
card I bought so it would run good <VBG>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BIN_Stores_IT

Larry enlightened us with:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP%3Cwb...3E%3AIT&r d=1

eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] VW air cooled 4 December 21st 04 01:06 AM
es [email protected] Chrysler 0 December 20th 04 10:16 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Honda 0 December 20th 04 09:25 AM
funny story about autos.tech [email protected] Technology 5 December 19th 04 10:50 PM