1995 MX5 valuation (UK)

Old April 22nd 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alex Price

Default 1995 MX5 valuation (UK)

Can anyone give me a rough vavlue of a 1995 MX5. Not sure what the specific
model is (maybe an S or is it iS).

It's been sat for a number of years and the owner is looking to shift it,
the valuation books I have don't go back that far.

Needs some TLC (and tyres). Any ideas?

http://home.btconnect.com/amprice/mx5.jpg

Alex.

Old April 22nd 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno

Alex Price wrote:
> Can anyone give me a rough vavlue of a 1995 MX5. Not sure what the specific
> model is (maybe an S or is it iS).
>
> It's been sat for a number of years and the owner is looking to shift it,
> the valuation books I have don't go back that far.
>
> Needs some TLC (and tyres). Any ideas?
>
> http://home.btconnect.com/amprice/mx5.jpg

Tough call with so few details. Perhaps 3000 pounds or a little less.

Kind regards
Bruno
Old April 22nd 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alex Price

Well, it's generally in good condition, though it's not moved in a few
years.

I know its done 74K, the hood may need replacing are there a couple of
small holes, the disks are well rusted, wheels are not great, the is a crack
in the windscreen, it needs at least 2 new tyres, and I've not even tried to
start it yet.

Alex.

k...

Old April 23rd 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno

Alex Price wrote:
> Well, it's generally in good condition, though it's not moved in a few
> years.
>
> I know its done 74K, the hood may need replacing are there a couple of
> small holes, the disks are well rusted, wheels are not great, the is a crack
> in the windscreen, it needs at least 2 new tyres, and I've not even tried to
> start it yet.

Okay - sounds like a project and not just a car. I think it needs to be
a good deal cheaper then. Try and get some prices for the parts needed
and use those to push the price down if needed.

Kind regards
Bruno
Old April 23rd 07, 09:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

"Bruno" > wrote in message
k...
> Alex Price wrote:
>> Well, it's generally in good condition, though it's not moved in a few
>> years.
>>
>> I know its done 74K, the hood may need replacing are there a couple of
>> small holes, the disks are well rusted, wheels are not great, the is a
>> crack in the windscreen, it needs at least 2 new tyres, and I've not even
>> tried to start it yet.
>>

> Okay - sounds like a project and not just a car. I think it needs to be a
> good deal cheaper then. Try and get some prices for the parts needed and
> use those to push the price down if needed.
>
> Kind regards
> Bruno

I agree, I don't think it'll fetch £3000. Is the mileage in km or miles? If
in km it's still got quite a few kms left to go, but obviously less so if
it's in miles.

A '95 with 74k miles (I'll assume you're talking miles) on it could get
anywhere between £1,500 and £3,000 I'd say depending on condition. Yours
doesn't sound in particularly good nick so I'd go along with what Bruno
says.

You might want to consider selling it on ebay. That way you're likely to get
for it what it's worth, and this time of year is a good time to sell, what
with summer coming up.

Eric

Old April 26th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

> You might want to consider selling it on ebay. That way you're likely to
> get
> for it what it's worth, and this time of year is a good time to sell, what
> with summer coming up.
>
> Eric
>I got the impression he was looking into buying it Eric, not selling it.
>Could be wrong. I was just going to add that if it's sat that long, I'd
>plan on a full set of tires (tyres ;-) as the 2 you're considering passable
>may give way w/o normal outward sign. I wouldn't consider that a good risk
>if I were the one to be driving it (imagining curvy mountain roads at
>speed).

Good luck,
Chris
99BBB

Old April 26th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alex Price

Just to clarify, it's not mine that I'm selling, it's a friends that I'm
thinking of buying.

Looks interesting.

Alex.

Old April 26th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

"Alex Price" > wrote in message
> Just to clarify, it's not mine that I'm selling, it's a friends that I'm
> thinking of buying.
>
> Looks interesting.

Ah, right. Might be best to take it round to a mechanic's or a car salesman
to see what they value it at. Alternatively, if you're in the Cambridge
area, let me know and I'll investigate, buy it off him for £5 and then sell
it on to you at a *very* reasonable price ;-)

Eric

Old May 4th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Zog The Undeniable

Alex Price wrote:
> Can anyone give me a rough vavlue of a 1995 MX5. Not sure what the specific
> model is (maybe an S or is it iS).
>
> It's been sat for a number of years and the owner is looking to shift it,
> the valuation books I have don't go back that far.
>
> Needs some TLC (and tyres). Any ideas?
>
> http://home.btconnect.com/amprice/mx5.jpg
>
> Alex.

With 80,000 miles and in reasonable condition, £3000-3500 at this time
of year. The 1.8iS is quite rare since it was so overpriced when new.