Replacing Fog Lamp Bulbs

Old November 11th 05, 08:43 PM

Default Replacing Fog Lamp Bulbs

I hate the idea of going to the dealer to replace bulbs. I have very
limited maintenance experience.

Can anyone give me a basic step by step, dumbed-down explanation of how
to replace the Fog Lamp bulbs? I have a 96 Ford Explorer Sport.

Old November 12th 05, 12:21 AM
mab6680

find the wire loom that goes to the back of the fog light follow it up to
the light then just turn the round plastic ring and pull it out once out
lift the tab that holds the bulbin place and pull the bulb out and replace

Old November 12th 05, 07:46 PM

Thank you very much. I was easily able to pull the plastic ring out,
but could not see anything that looked like a tab. In fact everything
seemed to be one solid piece.

This is a picture I took of the assembly...You can see the bulb is
broken.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d126/w...ent=Image2.jpg

Old November 13th 05, 02:31 AM
mab6680

its the black plastic tab at the bottom left of the pic it goes over the
grey plastic that is the bulb lift black tab and pull grey bulb off bush
new bulb on

Old November 14th 05, 01:17 PM

Thanks! That worked...also turns out I had the wrong part. Whole
thing took less than five minutes!