Attempting to crash while merging

Old November 13th 10, 08:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alexander Rogge

Default Attempting to crash while merging

I haven't seen a merge-impaired driver in quite awhile, but I had an
unfortunate incident with an MFFY-plus-LLB merger. I was in the right
lane, approaching 10 m from the beginning of an acceleration lane, when
an SUV driver there ignored the acceleration lane and swerved in front
of me so closely that I was forced to evade by entering the left lane.
That was a Yield sign!

Give Way obviously had no meaning to this driver. The SUV driver
stopped its illegal lane-change momentarily, but then matched speeds and
attempted to crash into me again. So, I turned into the SUV and
threatened the MFFY until the driver stopped its illegal lane-change.
Then the SUV driver honked at me, swerved into the left lane behind me,
and began a game of LLBing nobody at a speed that was significantly
below the posted speed-limit. It's only Saturday morning, and they're
drunk already!

Old November 13th 10, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 11/13/2010 03:58 AM, Alexander Rogge wrote:
> I haven't seen a merge-impaired driver in quite awhile, but I had an
> unfortunate incident with an MFFY-plus-LLB merger. I was in the right
> lane, approaching 10 m from the beginning of an acceleration lane, when
> an SUV driver there ignored the acceleration lane and swerved in front
> of me so closely that I was forced to evade by entering the left lane.
> That was a Yield sign!
>
> Give Way obviously had no meaning to this driver. The SUV driver stopped
> its illegal lane-change momentarily, but then matched speeds and
> attempted to crash into me again. So, I turned into the SUV and
> threatened the MFFY until the driver stopped its illegal lane-change.
> Then the SUV driver honked at me, swerved into the left lane behind me,
> and began a game of LLBing nobody at a speed that was significantly
> below the posted speed-limit. It's only Saturday morning, and they're
> drunk already!

It's stupid out lately. this was my Friday morning... I'm on a six
lane surface street waiting at a stop light. Lanes are, L-R, left turn,
straight, right turn. I'm going straight. There is a car in front of
me in the center lane with right turn signal blinking. Light turns
green, car doesn't move. I'm just reaching for the horn when she
finally starts oozing into the intersection, so slowly that I only
tapped the accelerator to get the car moving and then was riding the
brakes to keep from rolling into the back of her car. Finally after not
reaching the center of the intersection for about 5 seconds, I moved to
the left, accelerated, and she begins slowly turning left! panic
braking, honking, etc. This was about 7:45 AM!

Are these the people for whom velcro shoes were invented?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old November 17th 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alexander Rogge

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Alexander Rogge wrote:
>> I haven't seen a merge-impaired driver in quite awhile, but I had an
>> unfortunate incident with an MFFY-plus-LLB merger
>> Give Way obviously had no meaning to this driver.

> It's stupid out lately. this was my Friday morning...
> There is a car in front of
> me in the center lane with right turn signal blinking. Light turns
> green, car doesn't move.
> Finally after not
> reaching the center of the intersection for about 5 seconds, I moved to
> the left, accelerated, and she begins slowly turning left! panic
> braking, honking, etc.

I've had two additional Passive Aggressive Sloth incidents. I was
driving on a residential street and approaching an intersection where a
Sloth was parked. The Sloth refused to move through the intersection,
despite my threatening to crash into its rear. The Sloth is probably
Texting, I assumed. So, having an empty street ahead, I moved left and
passed in the opposing lane. Not three seconds later, the Sloth was
speeding up to my bumper and tailgating me very closely. I continued
driving at the posted speed-limit, which apparently more enraged the Sloth.

As I exited the residential zone, the Sloth used the left lane and sped
past me, going about 40 over the increased speed-limit. Approximately
two minutes later, I saw the Sloth again at another intersection. It
was parked in a left-turn lane with one car ahead of it. The signal
changes to green, the first car goes... five seconds, six seconds...
honk! Ten seconds... the signal changes to yellow and the Sloth runs
the red, having held up several drivers behind it.

Then I had an MFFY merger with a Passive Aggressive attitude. I was in
the right lane, watching some interesting cars pass me on the left. The
next car in the lane ahead of me was more than 200 m ahead, and there
was nobody behind me. I saw in my peripheral vision an SUV approaching
an acceleration lane. I assumed that the driver would wait for me to
pass, and then merge behind me normally. There was quickly a
misunderstanding, on the part of the merger, about the rule concerning
right-of-way. The SUV driver began to drift in front of me at a speed
less than 90. Instead of accelerating to the speed of traffic, the MFFY
merger pushed its SUV in front of me and challenged me to ram it.

I swerved into the passing lane and then turned into the side of the SUV
in order to avoid approaching traffic. As I did that, the SUV driver
revved its engine, but I was already in front of it. This action
apparently enraged the MFFY. It began tailgating me, then cut off
another driver in the passing lane and started playing a game of
Duckling next to me. I checked my final option, and then accelerated to
140. The MFFY had not found this to be acceptable, either, nor being
challenged by the other drivers whom it had cut off. It started
drifting between lanes, apparently attempting to catch-up to me and
block the passing traffic at the same time. No, not even that was
sufficient. The MFFY now wanted to be in front of everybody, so it
started using the passing lane as the "fast" lane, which caused another
traffic disruption. Surprisingly, the MFFY eventually left the passing
lane and was no longer blocking traffic. I wonder if the MFFY finally
understood the meaning of right-of-way and Yield.

I find it strange that the Passive Aggressive Sloths of Party B consider
it to be acceptable to impose a significant cost onto Party A with their
Slothy behaviour, but when Party A takes an action that imposes no
significant cost onto Party B, the Passive Aggressive Sloths become
enraged. It's Me First; nobody is permitted to drive faster than me,
and nobody is permitted to drive in front of me! This foolish insanity
must be stopped!