147 Exhaust

Old April 2nd 07, 08:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Doug Tredwell

Default 147 Exhaust

Ayone know how much I should expect to pay for an Exhaust system for 2001
Alfa 147. Should I go to dealer or will I get a decent one from Kwik Fit or
Humphreys. I live in Wokingham Berkshire

Old April 2nd 07, 08:38 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Doug Tredwell > wrote:

> Ayone know how much I should expect to pay for an Exhaust system for 2001
> Alfa 147. Should I go to dealer or will I get a decent one from Kwik Fit or
> Humphreys. I live in Wokingham Berkshire

http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk

or

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk

Try both of those for prices - then find a local (cheap) independent
garage who can put it on for you.

Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
Old April 2nd 07, 08:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Doug Tredwell

Ta. Not bad but neither show 147

Doug

. ..

Old April 2nd 07, 09:01 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Doug Tredwell > wrote:

> Ta. Not bad but neither show 147

How odd.

Try calling them, I can only assume they've not updated their websites.

They're both Bosal / Timax stockists, so they should be able to help -
Bosal list the 147 on their website - probably because they make the
originals for Alfa.
Old April 3rd 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Humpty Dumpty

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Doug Tredwell > wrote:
>
>> Ta. Not bad but neither show 147

> How odd.
>
> Try calling them, I can only assume they've not updated their websites.
>
> They're both Bosal / Timax stockists, so they should be able to help -
> Bosal list the 147 on their website - probably because they make the
> originals for Alfa.
> --

If Bosal are te OEM, then presumably the rear silencer has the proper
chromed end?? (I have 156) Can anyone confirm this from experience??

Old April 3rd 07, 06:26 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Humpty Dumpty > wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> > Doug Tredwell > wrote:
> >
> >> Ta. Not bad but neither show 147

> > How odd.
> >
> > Try calling them, I can only assume they've not updated their websites.
> >
> > They're both Bosal / Timax stockists, so they should be able to help -
> > Bosal list the 147 on their website - probably because they make the
> > originals for Alfa.
> > --

> If Bosal are te OEM, then presumably the rear silencer has the proper
> chromed end?? (I have 156) Can anyone confirm this from experience??

Isn't the chrome end an 'embelishment' that can be removed?
Old April 3rd 07, 06:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Humpty Dumpty

>> > How odd.
>> >
>> > Try calling them, I can only assume they've not updated their websites.
>> >
>> > They're both Bosal / Timax stockists, so they should be able to help -
>> > Bosal list the 147 on their website - probably because they make the
>> > originals for Alfa.
>> > --

>> If Bosal are te OEM, then presumably the rear silencer has the proper
>> chromed end?? (I have 156) Can anyone confirm this from experience??

> Isn't the chrome end an 'embelishment' that can be removed?

Just taken a look with a torch - it's well and truely attached with some
very neat welds top and bottom and really fits well around the pipe. So it
definately hasn't been 'added' and I'm certain it's fully part of the
exhaust. It's the original exhaust - 2000W and 107K and still ok - (about to
book 3rd belt/tensioner change!!) - was just asking ready for if/when the
exhaust finally needs to be changed as I plan keeping the car going for a
few more years.

Old April 3rd 07, 06:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Humpty Dumpty > wrote:

> >> If Bosal are te OEM, then presumably the rear silencer has the proper
> >> chromed end?? (I have 156) Can anyone confirm this from experience??

> > Isn't the chrome end an 'embelishment' that can be removed?

> Just taken a look with a torch - it's well and truely attached with some
> very neat welds top and bottom and really fits well around the pipe. So it
> definately hasn't been 'added' and I'm certain it's fully part of the
> exhaust. It's the original exhaust - 2000W and 107K and still ok - (about to
> book 3rd belt/tensioner change!!) - was just asking ready for if/when the
> exhaust finally needs to be changed as I plan keeping the car going for a
> few more years.

I have no idea, then.

I've ordered a Timax for a Fiat before now which came with the chrome
tip. Can't speak for the Alfa systems.

It's worth noting that, although there may be some cosmetic differences
between parts ordered via Bosal / Timax suppliers and Alfa dealers,
Timax / Bosal are still likely to be the OEM manufacturer, as they are
for most of Europe's major manufacturers.
Old April 4th 07, 08:22 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
PeterMcC

Doug Tredwell wrote in

> Ayone know how much I should expect to pay for an Exhaust system for
> 2001 Alfa 147. Should I go to dealer or will I get a decent one from
> Kwik Fit or Humphreys. I live in Wokingham Berkshire

I had a real struggle to find an exhaust for my 166 recently and these very
helpful and friendly folk not only sourced it but did so in a manner and at
a price that would shame the local main dealer:

carpartswarehouse.co.uk
0845 408 0930

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Old April 4th 07, 06:53 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ivan[_3_]

"Humpty Dumpty" > wrote in message

<snip>

>> Isn't the chrome end an 'embelishment' that can be removed?

> Just taken a look with a torch - it's well and truely attached with some
> very neat welds top and bottom and really fits well around the pipe. So it
> definately hasn't been 'added' and I'm certain it's fully part of the
> exhaust. It's the original exhaust - 2000W and 107K and still ok - (about
> to book 3rd belt/tensioner change!!) - was just asking ready for if/when
> the exhaust finally needs to be changed as I plan keeping the car going
> for a few more years.

I got a middle and rear box for my V6 156 a couple of years ago from
bodyshopwarehouse, and it came with a round chromed end piece. I think it
was a Timax system.

HTH.

--
Ivan.

Alfa GT
Ex 156 2.5 V6 Veloce
Ex 156 Selespeed (RIP 22 May 03)
Ex 145 QV
Ex 33 16v QV
Ex 33 QV series 1

exhaust Phil Schermerhorn Ford Mustang 1 August 21st 06 08:10 PM
A6 Exhaust Richard Wall Audi 4 November 4th 05 10:23 AM
Exhaust Clark Friedrichs Mazda 1 August 24th 05 02:58 PM
Exhaust help Alex Rodriguez Honda 11 July 19th 05 10:10 PM
Exhaust help Alex Rodriguez Technology 11 July 19th 05 10:10 PM